Girls Aloud | Page 3857 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. “Life Got Cold”’s mixes have always confused me as well. For my album I use the radio mix from the reissue (while other wise having the original track listing), but I never understood why the proper radio mix was only track 2 on CD 2.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I never knew the reissue had the radio mix either.

3. I understand why the reissue happened, but it's just bad. It gave us nothing worth keeping, considering ''Jump'' was on ''WWTNS?'' and the original cover was 100% better.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  4. Tammie Brown - Excuse your mouth.gif

Rob, Robsolete, roborovsky and 8 others like this.
  5. The main reason I said what I said.

6. The original cover art would look so spectacular on vinyl.

I wish they’d update streaming with it.

7. Another thing the original did better? The placement of “Stop” in the tracklist. It felt like correct where it is, don’t know why they moved it “second to last” (“Girls on Film” is just a bonus track).

lushLuck likes this.
  8. In my head the original I ThInk We're Alone Now was like Steps' Better The Devil You Know, all tinny, cheap and lame. But I just ripped it from my Sound of ... Best Of CD and it's actually pretty good! It's really nothing as I remembered. I felt like I always preferred the single mix because it was a bit more like Something Kinda Oooh (and Destroy Everything You Touch) than the inferior original mix, but hearing it 15 (16 eek) years on it's nothing as I remembered! The shame.

Mvnl likes this.
  9. Much as I love Girls Aloud and much like I love Steps I'll be sticking to Tiffany's and Kylie's (and 5 star's to bring them up to date) versions.

Vasilios and actorandlyricist like this.
  10. The original mix’s backing track just sounds like a cheap 2006 karaoke version of Tiffany’s version to me. I much prefer the single mix but even then I wouldn’t say I love their version.

MusicalMelody likes this.
  11. Okay so I have just had various memories unlocked…
    upload_2022-11-29_20-11-26.jpeg

Jacques, Overdose, Sam and 11 others like this.
  12. SCREAMING at what they did to Nadine!

Jacques, Overdose, LykkeLi and 18 others like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I was convinced she was in the middle. Then I found her. Then I decided the 3 on the left are all different shades of Nadine

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Why out of all their singles did I'll Stand By You need a game n n.

Jacques, Overdose, K94 and 4 others like this.
  15. Ahhhh Enhanced CD games!

lushLuck likes this.
  16. Selena Gomez <3

K94, Mvnl, j267 and 1 other person like this.
  17. I wonder if we'll get a GA20 zip of unheard material from somewhere?

18. Yes please. From an official release, I'd prefer, but alas.

19. Fifty Shades Of Nadine.

20. Create character:

face shape = pentagon

Mvnl and YourLeadSinger like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.