Girls Can't Catch - General Discussion | Page 158 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Can't Catch - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I'd actually forgotten about Girls Can't Catch!

Fascination was quite literally the worst pop music label in history, wasn't it?

2. Tommie

Tommie Guest

Indeed - cheap Disney acts, The Saturdays, Girls Aloud, Cheryl Cole... yuck! Thank God that pest to music is gone.

3. My favorite. I still play it regularly. I hate Echo though.

L.E.S. Artistes is nice too.

4. I always disliked Daizy for know particular reason, really. She just gave off bad vibes. Now I can see she comes across as a bit stuck up!

5. You'll want to edit this before the mods catch you.

6. Thank you for that, totally slipped my mind!

7. At least half of their album meant to me is so good. If they were managed correctly, I'm sure they could have made it. If boring acts like Wonderland and Parade can have relative success these girls should have too. It's a shame really.

8. Which one was the girl that could really sing? I liked Keep Your Head Up, especially the Soulseekerz remix. It's too bad they're no more.

9. SBK

SBK

I think they were originally set up to look after Girls Aloud and produce things like The Sats, but they got it so wrong and ended up being Universals dumping ground for their imported Disney acts.

Why they never got round to putting together a boy band, I'll never know... I mean I know Peter is a big gay and loves his camp as tits girls but, you know some fit boys wouldn't have gone amiss.

10. SBK

SBK

In fact, I would go as far to say that if Fascination had put together a boy band instead of Girls Can't Catch, that boy band might still be around today.

11. Isn't Twenty Twenty their boy band?

Dibs on the drummer.

12. I think they were fantastic in certain respects (i.e. letting Sophie Ellis-Bextor take three years to record an album, record 80 tracks for said album, let her work with whoever she wants and do whatever she wanted, letting Xenomania do whatever with Girls Aloud, etc etc)!

13. SBK

SBK

Nope they're on Geffen and aren't managed by Fascination.

14. They 'were' on Geffen.

15. Geffen has no credibility left now they've dumped a group who are nothing like McFly!

16. http://youtu.be/LaQODlnEzS4

Have you guys seen this?
    It gives some clips of some of the songs Daizy's been recording and an insight into what's going on behind the scenes!
    I'm damn excited to hear them in full!

Thoughts folks?

17. Maybe it works. I wanted her voice back, but not as heavy as this. Then again, I'm not sure how I wanted it to be. Clearer maybe? I hope I'll like the end result, but I'm not so sure.

18. Trashy dance music. No thanks.

19. It's weird, since their demise I've found myself occasionally listening to Echo. Are any of the songs on the sampler any good?

20. Alone and Another Day stand out for me. Daizy's solo music doesn't sound too good for me apart from the final track 'We Got Tonight'? That sounds alright but its a shame that her material seems weak when she has such a good voice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.