Girls Can't Catch - General Discussion | Page 159 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Can't Catch - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Apr 17, 2009.

1. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

YES! Out of all the songs that came out/leaked Happy Alone, Turn Me Up, Last One Standing, You're the Kinda Man, and Mind It are my favourites.

2. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

I liked "Keep Your Head Up"...but these girls are dime a dozen and I will be surprised if they have a career. But weirder things have happened.

3. I agree Keep Your Head Up was a smash song with possibly one of the worst video's ever made - do you recall they were playing croquet on a rubbish dump......ummmm sexy, and frankly none of them were gorgeous in terms of girl band gorgeousness. If Pussy Cat Dolls had done Keep Your Head Up, or even The Saturdays for that matter it probably would have been a no.1 record, as it was it bombed... BBBx

4. Random, but I found their album sampler today. Had a quick listen to it again. 'Happy Alone' would have been a crap 3rd single, thank god they cancelled that.

5. It really should have been Mind It.

6. Funnily enough I've just been listening to them too. I like Happy Alone but Mind It would have been the best choice.

7. Alone was lined up to be the third single at one point too. I really like that song, it wouldn't have set the world on fire but it's a great ballad. Better than any of the rubbish ballads The Saturdays have recorded for their last two albums.

One of Phoebe's solo tracks is being used in a Noel Clarke film apparently. That's an achievement, I guess. Daizy is working with Nerina Pallot's husband. Jess is the only one who doesn't seem to be up to much, shame. I suppose she is young, she hadn't even finished her A levels when they started.

8. SBK

SBK

They could have had Bad Romance or Someone Like You's as their third single and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

9. They were signed to Fascination. Girls Can't Catch were literally doomed from the moment they were created. Even the name is terrible.

10. Tommie

Tommie Guest

11. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Damn. I saw this thread pop up and I thought that Unconditional had finally leaked. Might as well move it to the Old Pop thread.

12. Fuck, I love the bridge and verses to Echo.

13. The production is a lot better than Sweetest High. The other stuff she uploaded a while ago sounded a bit dated but I like this. She has a terrible attitude though, if she really wants to make a go of it, she's going to have to at least try and seem a bit humble.

14. Heart Flow is a great production. Her vocals sound really great on the track.

15. I secretly loved Girls Can't Catch. I still listen to "Love Shy" and "Echo" regularly.

16. I swear someone mentioned that Daizy auditioned for The X Factor this year.

17. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Really? I hope she makes it to the top 12. She's my favorite member, and I'm curious how she'll do in a singing TV show. It'll be ironic if they put her in a girl group again though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.