Girls' Generation Discography Rate (FINISHED) | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls' Generation Discography Rate (FINISHED)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Dangerous Maknae, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Who Is Your Favorite SNSD member?

Poll closed Jul 25, 2018.
  1. TalenTiffany

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Taeyeon

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Seohyun

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Jessica

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. Yuri

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Sooyoung

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Hyoyeon

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  8. Sunny

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Yoona

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Trick aged like milk, it had no business going top 10.

2. This is a lie.

vague, Serg., Vixen and 5 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

vague, Shockbox, He and 5 others like this.
  4. Visual Dreams is amazing, there's really no argument.

You guys sure throw the word "dated" around a lot like it's a bad thing for a song to sound like it's from the year it came out ... or like listening to old songs is somehow not enjoyable ... weird.

I really like you-aholic but I think its placement is exactly right. I like all of the top 3 songs but THE GREAT ESCAPE is my least favorite so I hope it goes next. I don't hate it or anything, the other two are just absolute faves so I hope one of them wins.

Oleander, vague, roblognick and 5 others like this.
  5. As someone who has used the word quite a lot, I personally don't mean "oh this sounds like 10 years ago, it's so old etc.", it's just that I think some songs don't sound great in 2018 while some others still amaze you after the years.

For example the first Japanese album and The Boys both were released in 2011 but most of the former's songs still sounds fresh to my ears while the latter is full of songs that you feel like were great for their time but don't have that spark now which obviously is a negative point when like I said there are songs that don't suffer from being dated.

I don't think Trick is dated though.

Oleander, ohnostalgia, vague and 6 others like this.
  6. Trick sounds like it’s from 2011. The Boys sounds dated. There’s a difference. At least in my head.

roblognick and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  7. I still gave it a 9!

8. Karma Butterfly is really elevated by it's staging and live performance without it it's a solid 7. So it really should leave next and leave their best two to fight it out for the crown.

9. He

He

A criminal opinion.

10. But you also said it aged like milk and it’s definit not sour!

[​IMG]

vague, evilsin, He and 1 other person like this.
  11. KARMA BUTTERFLY VS. TRICK FOR THE GRAND FINALÉ SHOWDOWN PLEASE AND THANK U

Oleander, vague, roblognick and 2 others like this.
  12. The above statement would be POPJUSTICE.

[​IMG]

13. 3

[​IMG]

The Great Escape

Average : 9.58

Highest scores : 11 x 2 (@Dangerous Maknae @evilsin) 10 x 13 (@Remorque @Shockbox @Cotton Park @Salami @Sanctuary @Threeney @Serg. @Oleander @Coming Century @vague @Love Deluxe @EachSmallStep @Vixen)
    Lowest scores : 7 x 1 (@ohnostalgia) 8 x 2 (@yuuurei @roblognick)
    My Score : 11

I don't think there was any doubt for me when I was choosing my 11 considering this might be my ultimate SNSD song after I Got A Boy. It is full of highlights and moments that I don't know where to start. The moment the bass starts and Tiffany says ''yeah, let's go'', the stan literally jumps out. The girls sound fantastic, the performances are legendary, the production is one of their best ever and probably the most mature they've ever been?? Like one of those moments that you take a K-Pop act as a serious act.

Like I said, pretty much every part is a highlight for me but the best part is when the gorgeous middle 8 by Tiffany and Seohyun is finished and after all the adlibs you think the song is about to end, suddenly Sica comes through with those adlibs. Ddddd God knows how many times I've tried those high notes, it's literally my favorite Jessica moment ever. Tiffany also does a great job at covering that part in Tokyo Dome, though it's not as special as when Jessica did it.

Also I loved that their team seemed to agree with me about this being their best B-side of the album as they chose it for their MTV performance, and God that's a performance. And the Tokyo Dome one is even better.

roblognick (8) : Catchy bop but nothing extraordinary. Which I know is probably a scandalous thing to say in these parts.

Reboot (9) : Amazing.

Slice of Life (9.5) : Yathhhh, with just a few tweaks, this could be a lost disco classic. Love it. Also. Jessica's vocals are just topnotch here.

vague (10) : I will never understand why this wasn't a single over the likes of MR.TAXI, 'cause it's so much better. at least they promoted the hell out of this in Japan. i don't even mind the dance line being pretty much relegated to back up dancers, 'cause this is a perfect song.

EachSmallStep (10) : I originally heard the Brian Lee Remix, which is a trashy BOP.

Threeney (10) : A... masterpiece. The pose they do at the end of the Tokyo Dome performance is iconic and it doesn't even get shown for half a second on screen.

Remorque (10) : Fantastic electro-pop right here!

Shockbox (10) : Their performance of this song at the Japan event thing was totally amazing! One of the post choruses in pop history

EachSmallStep (10) : Love the sense of urgency that evolves and portrays the lyrics well.

Salami (10) : That Japanese VMA performance could’ve got it my 11 alone but just missed out. It’s all over the place in a good way. As is the whole album - really is going to be hard to top.

Cotton Park (10) : Another tremendous live gem. When I watch this, I think of how people call a beehive or anthill a "collective intelligence" - SNSD has something similar, something that so few groups have, a "collective charisma."

This elimination means the finale is Trick vs Karma Butterfly

Sonyeo Shidae vs Shoujo Jidai

Their nostalgic legend vs their topnotch electro-bop

Which one takes the crown as their best album track ever??

Find out (hopefully) tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  14. Oh by the way....

We love an unpredictable rate xx

Oleander, vague, roblognick and 2 others like this.
  15. How did it go?

Oleander, vague, roblognick and 4 others like this.
  16. Welp, y'all done fucked up the rate. Congrats you. At least we shared an 11, @Dangerous Maknae.

The remaining songs are good, but The Great Escape is where it's at.

roblognick and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  17. [​IMG]

I failed but it wasn't as bad/embarrassing as I thought it would be.

Oleander, ohnostalgia, vague and 5 others like this.
  18. You have my sympathy.

Oleander, vague, roblognick and 3 others like this.
  19. My 11 vs a 10 for win.

Y'all doing something right.

20. I was quietly rooting for a Trick vs Great Escape finale, so I'm slightly worried now. Karma Butterly is a 9/10 but I don't know if I want it to win.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.