Girls' Generation Discography Rate (FINISHED) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls' Generation Discography Rate (FINISHED)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Dangerous Maknae, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Who Is Your Favorite SNSD member?

Poll closed Jul 25, 2018.
  1. TalenTiffany

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Taeyeon

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Seohyun

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Jessica

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. Yuri

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Sooyoung

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Hyoyeon

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  8. Sunny

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Yoona

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Oh thank god the Japanese tracks are here. Let me 11 the iconic Motorcycle.

2. Sent! My Averages:

Japan First Album: 8
    The Boys: 6.8
    Girls & Peace: 6.13
    I Got a Boy: 6.43
    Love & Peace: 7.56
    Mr. Mr.: 7
    Lion Heart: 7.13
    Holiday Night: 6.38

IGAB and LH are only that high because their worst offenders are their titles and they're not here, so..

3. Honorable Mentions : Part 1

Honey (Perfect for You)
    From the Girls' Generation album

Their very first B-side. Apparently this was so popular back in the day and according to Yuri, they named their fandom Honey for a while because of this song. But she said they felt very embarrassed when they called people ''Honey'' in their fan meeting and as we know they ultimately changed it to SONE later.

As I said in the first page, this is one of my big favorites of them. It's a basic ballad, yes, but it's like the sweetest song ever. It also gave us this iconic Yuri moment

Ooh La La!
    From the Girls' Generation album

Probably one of their biggest b-sides?? I actually had no idea this was such a fan favorite until their Holiday to Remember fan meeting when they performed it after like a decade due to a lot of demands from fans.

To be honest, I was like ''WTF?? This??'' when I listened to the song but after a few listens, I find it so cute and totally get why it's a nostalgic song for the fans now.

Way to Go
    From the Gee mini album

Being the B-side to Gee, and having an MV which is like the behind the scenes video to Gee, this was huge back in the day. It's a retro track, more in the style of their first album, and it wouldn't surprise me if I hear this was supposed to be a single at some point. If I want to be honest, I don't like this that much but thought it deserves to be mentioned because of its popularity.

vague, Sanctuary, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  4. Is it terrible that I just spent twenty minutes of work time customising (but not buying) a red jumper like Sunny's in the 2017 Ooh La La video? I want one so bad.

This thread is making me even more a fan that I already was. I'm listening to all the songs I would never normally listen to and starting to love them just as much as the obvious choices. Though my high scorers are going to be the obvious choices, ha!

5. The first honorable mentions part was mostly their early signature album tracks, this part is mostly my own favorite cuts.​

Honorable Mentions : Part 2

Dear Mom!
    From Gee Mini Album

Dramatic Maknae strikes once again! If you're a fan of the group, you probably know Tiffany's story about her mother and that she passed when Tiffany was 14. And the girls once mentioned that the word mother was abandoned among them in their early days because of how emotional it would make Tiffany feel. So this is such a personal song for the girls specially Tiffany, And as a Pany supremacist I adore it.

Show! Show! Show!
    From Oh! Album

The prequel to Show Girls! I, for some reasons, avoided Oh! album completely until recently that I wanted to check if their early albums worth rating or not and then I heard this bop. I don't love it as much as some of y'all said earlier but it's still an iconic bop.

Snowy Wish
    From Hoot Mini Album

I hate Christmas music as much as the next person here, and I'm usually not into cheesy songs, but this has always been a favorite of mine despite having both of those mentioned features. It's just so cute that I can't resist.

vague, Sanctuary, evilsin and 9 others like this.
  6. Please do not put the god tier song that is Show! x3 with that dumpster fire that is Show Girls.

Many thanks!

Dangerous Maknae and Serg. like this.
  7. I loathe Show Show Show. They should've promoted Be Happy instead.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  8. I really like Show! Show! Show!, it's fun. I haven't listened to Snowy Wish in ages, I'm not big on xmas songs either but I remember liking it too back in the day. I'm not touching that other song, I'd cry for a week.

vague and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  9. Can we talk about how good Forever is though?

vague, Salami and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  10. My downloaded version of Girls & Peace had THIS as Reflection and I was... so confused ddd.

vague, Serg. and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  11. Only two weeks left, ladies.

Official promo (constantly tagging everyone, sending raging PMs, any other kind of harrassing/threatening) starts next week.

vague, EachSmallStep, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  12. My scores of their corny ballads might be elevated because I'm watching them perform them on the YouTube playlist and I fucking miss them so much. And I can't believe I'd ever say that.

[​IMG]

13. I just want to really thank @Dangerous Maknae for not including the Oh! or Hoot album tracks in this rate so I can't just give my 11 to either of my actual favorite SNSD songs and have to actually think about it. I love a challenge!
    [​IMG]

but seriously i don't know what the hell to choose

14. Trick, thank you bb ilysm!

vague, evilsin, yuuurei and 1 other person like this.
  15. [​IMG]
    Perhaps ...

vague, Cotton Park, Oleander and 2 others like this.
  16. Hint: a song that starts with Kar and ends in ma Butterfly x

vague, Sanctuary, Cotton Park and 5 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]
    Perhaps ...!

vague, Sanctuary, evilsin and 3 others like this.
  18. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

I honestly don't know the most well-known album tracks of Girls' Generation (please don't give me hints) so the result of this rate will be very exciting to me.

Lemme give my 11 to Lingua Franca. Kekeke.

vague, Sanctuary, yuuurei and 2 others like this.
  19. Now we're talking!

20. Sent in my scores tonight so here are my averages:

GIRLS' GENERATION: 7.66
    The Boys: 6.50
    Girls & Peace: 8.37
    I Got a Boy: 8.25
    LOVE & PEACE: 6.11
    Mr. Mr.: 6.40
    The Best: 6.00
    Lion Heart: 5.37
    Holiday Night: 5.87

[​IMG]

vague, EachSmallStep, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.