Girls' Generation Discography Rate (FINISHED) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls' Generation Discography Rate (FINISHED)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Dangerous Maknae, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Who Is Your Favorite SNSD member?

Poll closed Jul 25, 2018.
  1. TalenTiffany

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Taeyeon

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Seohyun

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Jessica

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. Yuri

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Sooyoung

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Hyoyeon

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  8. Sunny

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Yoona

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Poor Sunny, my gosh!

Um, I am working through (dull) comments and finalising my scores for the last two albums. I'll be done by Friday.

vague, EachSmallStep, TABOO and 2 others like this.
  2. It's probably coming you little binch.

3. Rightfully getting the Jessica gif, I see you.

Extension pls kii

(Jokes, I should be able to make it for the 30th! But I wanna provide commentary so there's that.)

4. Listening to their first Japanese album right now and I forgot how good it was. 2011 me stanned so hard

also poor Bad Girl

vague, Remorque, Sanctuary and 4 others like this.
  5. I don't call it poor when it made the top 10 in their singles rate.

Also let me use this post to give y'all some teas:

- Every voter has chosen a different 11 so far.

- There is one album that all of its songs made it to top 30 and there's an album that has no songs in the top 20 but aside from that, the top and low spots are fairly shared between the albums.

- The song in last place is probably the most shocking result so far, I expected it to be like top 40 at least.

- Two songs are tied for #1 with perfect 10/10 average but also there are like 5 other songs really close to them to snatch that spot. So every point counts, really.

6. I'm still going to do this but I have no concept of time so I had no idea the deadline was so soon oops. I wish I could predict which of these songs are going to perform best.

7. GIRLS' GENERATION - 9.08
    The Boys - 7.50
    Girls & Peace - 8.44
    I Got A Boy - 8.21
    LOVE & PEACE - 7.50
    Mr. Mr. - 6.60
    THE BEST - 7.25
    Lion Heart - 7.00
    Holiday Night - 7.81

8. I’m snowed under with work but I’ll manage.

9. Animal is not going to be my 11 (I think), but this performance almost makes me want to give it my 11 anyway. I want to watch all their live shows now.

vague, Twinkle, EachSmallStep and 5 others like this.
  10. Starting on this now! Getting flashbacks of stanning their Japanese albums. I didn't really bother with Lion Heart at release, but it seems time works wonders for me and scores.
    [​IMG]

vague, evilsin, yuuurei and 1 other person like this.
  11. I..... have submitted.

[​IMG]
    8.888 - Love & Peace
    8.750 - Lion Heart
    7.642 - I Got A Boy
    7.500 - Girls Generation
    7.350 - The Boys
    6.500 - The Best
    6.625 - Holiday Night
    5.812 - Girls & Peace
    5.700 - Mr. Mr.

12. Okay, but I seriously thought The Boys would be a better album...
    [​IMG]

13. Rating certain songs accidentally led to me watching GG live videos for two hours yesterday and now I'm a little obsessed with them again. And this might be unpopular, but I can't stop listening to Love & Peace in particular. I might have to impulse buy that album somewhere now.

Also I'd forgotten how much I used to crush on all of them. They're so pretty.

14. I've already told this to the voters who told me they liked the Youtube playlist but honestly a big part of my love for the group comes from them being great performers. They might not be the best girl group when it comes to their discography but they totally know how to sell their songs in their performances/concerts and you can see why they have this big girl group status.

I think I said this before as well but I watched most of their tour DVDs even before I become a SNSD (or K-Pop) fan thanks to having Sones in my family and I still enjoy watching them from time to time. I'm glad I could share this love with some of you as well.

vague, He, EachSmallStep and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.