Girls' Generation | Page 161 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls' Generation

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Yas she's coming

Marley Waters co-produced Tinashe's 2 On.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Tiffany met with Kehlani also, poor Taeyeon. Also Jessica was there wonder if they saw eachother across the room.

evilsin, Slice of Life, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  3. They've been at the same events all week. The #JeTi selfie is coming.

Vixen likes this.
  4. Oh my god, this is my first time hearing this?!

Dddd I much prefer this version? They should have just went with this.

Cotton Park and roblognick like this.
  5. I'm personally not a fan. "I Just Wanna Wish" doesn't really make sense ddd. And the chorus sounds a bit clunky.

6. That's why I posted the bridge edit just below, it's pretty much the original but with the bridge where the chorus sounds a tad slower, and there are some very very lush ad-libs over it. Really elevates the song for me.

Just found out the demo for 'Oh' as well, and again, it's so much better. I get it that it takes a little while before it reaches the chorus, but the pre-chorus from the demo was literally the only actual true hook/melody that song had.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Threeney likes this.
  7. That demo is really good, although I like both versions. So many parts in english too in that demo.

8. I’ve never heard the Oh demo, could you link it?

Vixen likes this.
  9. I don't think it exists in good quality, but we have this training footage :

Basically they changed the pre-chorus. It's kind of understandable because it seems to drag the song along for a little longer than on the actual version, but it's also the only piece of the song that seemed to have a proper melody/hook. I mean, don't get me wrong, 'Oh' is decent, but it relies too much on the gimmick it's trying to sell.

(Oh yeah, also some lines were still in English.)

RUNAWAY likes this.
  10. It's interesting how they had the choreography for the bridge/prechorus/whateveryouwanttocallit already but it doesn't really match up with the vocal melody of the demo, ending up going completely in sync with the final song we got.

11. Must have been a very last minute change if that rehearsal really is from January. The song came out towards the end of the month.

Seger likes this.
  12. Aw.

Hyo also hinted that her solo is coming soon.

Also happy birthday Taeyeon!

ohnostalgia and Seger like this.
  13. I'm over here still waiting for a return to their Japanese music even though that will never happen.

roblognick and leedlelee... like this.
  14. I'm right there with you...

15. Speaking of Japanese albums, Taeyeon hopefully will release one this year. I'm wondering if we will see a different side of her there like when the group did completely different things in Japan in comparison to their Korean style. Give me an album full of "I Got Love"s.

And on a different note, I want Tiffany's new album like yesterday. It's been two years since the first one.

junglefish and Seger like this.

16. It is what it is.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Twinkle likes this.

17. "Into the New World" was sang at #MeToo movement rally. Let's talk about real impact.

Aries, vague, Ceir and 10 others like this.
  18. Into the New World will be sung and performed for years and years to come. Not everybody has that.

In other news, it looks like Hyoyeon is shooting her MV in Taiwan in a couple of weeks.

Aries, ohnostalgia, Island and 5 others like this.
  19. Dddddddddddddddddd I'm screaming

Aries, vague, Island and 5 others like this.
  20. And this:

It's gonna be on the Japanese release of Coco soundtrack. And it confirms she's Tiffany Young from now on.

Aries, vague, Island and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.