Girls' Generation | Page 229 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls' Generation

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I would love it too but I just don't see it.

I could see some of them being up for it but I think the actress line would find it too much out of their schedules.

nathanspears and He like this.
  2. They'll be on M Countdown at least, they posted a teaser a few days back.

3. I would move heaven and earth to see them if the came to the UK!

4. Forever 1 didn't hit it out of the park for me on first listen - the chorus has bags of potential but something just seemed dis-jointed altogether, especially the first verse. Hopefully it'll grow after I give it the headphones test along with the rest of the album.

I also love that Dagny song so even if it's plagiarism that's something to look forward to.

nathanspears likes this.
  5. I’ll always love SNSD and be happy that they’re back but I’m a bit whelmed by this release. The past few eras they released multiples songs at once which I really liked because I’d always like one of them. This is just a bit basic. Still, like I said, it’s great they’re back and I will be very happy if we continue getting sporadic anniversary releases like this.

6. 100%, the first verse of Forever 1 is weird

I think You Better Run needs a bit more baking, I get what they were going for but doesn’t quite reach it. It could have been a real hyper pop, experimental moment

7. Sunny's voice is so pure and sweet and has been massively underutilized in her career. I love it.

8. I was just saying to a friend that I love Sunny’s adlibs on Freedom.

Remorque, roblognick and He like this.
  9. He

He

I was just thinking earlier it was a shame Sunny does not seem interested at all in music, as she has an amazing tone and gorgeous voice.

Remorque and roblognick like this.
  10. I've only got the chance to listen to Forever 1 and I can't believe they gave the final ad-libs to Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona. Flip the whole fucking script.

Remorque, Overdose, collxtion and 5 others like this.
  11. YES! She’s done some lovely OST songs over the years. And a few features so I’ve got an album worth of songs that I pretend is her actual solo album.

Remorque, evilsin and He like this.
  12. He

He

I cannot stop watching the video. It’s so joyous. The start of the chorus is too addictive.

Do we know sales figures so far?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Remorque, collxtion, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  13. Sale of the physical album will only start on Monday.

Until then, we will wait for digital/streaming stats over the weekend.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    He likes this.
  14. Respectable performance on Spotify

singabob likes this.
  15. Ya'll wanted an OT9 performance?

Also as if I couldn't stan them any harder:

R92, ohdenny, singabob and 7 others like this.
  16. Do we think it’s been a smart move for them to stagger the digital and physical releases?

17. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I think the decision was made because they wanted the comeback to come out on their anniversary, but physical releases are always better to be counted from the start of the week if they are aiming for a high first week of sales (because the sales drop on the weekend). The digital release coming first could also be a push for anyone who was in doubt to buy the album come Monday.

Remorque, ohdenny, singabob and 4 others like this.
  18. Ah I see, I didn’t know that about the physical.

I ordered mine through KTown and last I heard, it was at about 50k pre-orders which was about 9-10k higher than Holislay Night and Lion Heart.

19. It’s currently at 73k on Pre-orders on KTown. If they do 300k it will be a good feat.

Remorque likes this.
  20. And KTown is just international fans right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.