Girls5eva

Is the assumption that Tina Fey used all of her clout to get it picked up? 'Cause I'm gonna need her to do it again.

I liked 30 Rock at the time but kinda disliked 90% of the male characters, so Girls5eva is perfect for me (thank god Kev's mostly gone)
Love Andrew Rannells, but he definitely took up too much oxygen last season. Summer is so much better this season trying to find herself. "Is There a Me?" had me howling.

How have we not had Jane Krakowski on the show though?? I need to see a Diva-off with her and Wickie.

Mvnl

Staff member
Was Is There A Me? slightly I'm Not A Girl inspired musically? (Might just have thought that cause her outfit reminded me of Britney too)

Last edited:
Is the assumption that Tina Fey used all of her clout to get it picked up? 'Cause I'm gonna need her to do it again.

Love Andrew Rannells, but he definitely took up too much oxygen last season. Summer is so much better this season trying to find herself. "Is There a Me?" had me howling.

How have we not had Jane Krakowski on the show though?? I need to see a Diva-off with her and Wickie.
not sure what they meant but she does have another Netflix series in the works

I watched the first 3 episodes of this last night and really enjoyed it. It’s absurd in the best way. I’m not really surprised that it’s not taking off in a massive way, as I feel the subject matter and comedy style are fairly niche, but I can tell I’m going to have a fun time with it.

Yeah, I'm kind of at peace that this will be the last season and I'm sure the cast and crew aren't naive enough to think it would get recommissioned in the current climate after it already got banned once. This third one is hilarious so far and feels like a nice way to go out.

"I haven't had that kind of applause since I agreed to leave a plane"... It's absolutely stuffed with lovingly written 30 Rock level throwaways. Brilliant.

I watched the first 3 episodes of this last night and really enjoyed it. It’s absurd in the best way. I’m not really surprised that it’s not taking off in a massive way, as I feel the subject matter and comedy style are fairly niche, but I can tell I’m going to have a fun time with it.
Exactly this.

My bf doesn't get it at all, while I'm creased up on the floor several times an episode.

If it does end, that was a solid ending that felt appropriate, but I still need the reveal that Ashley is alive because we all know she is. But it won’t be that straight forward, like finding out Paul was a drag queen version of Jenna.

Finished season one the other night and I thought the first half was far stronger than the second half (the cabin episode being a noticeable low point). Having said that, season two is off to a strong start - could use less Kev - so I’m happy to see comments season 3 is the best yet!

Finished this last night despite my trying to squeeze out those six episodes for as long as humanly possible. It's a total triumph and I agree with the other posters – I can really feel the deranged quickfire 30 Rock/Kimmy Schmidt influence in this much more than the first two seasons, I can't remember laughing out loud as much as I did with this one.

I'll be sad to see this Netflix inevitably put this show in its now-bulging crematorium and I'm just simply annoyed they've not pushed this hard, but finishing on such a high point in terms of the script and story is a great way to go.

Mvnl

Staff member
Was vent guy in the series before or was the utter lack of explanation of him being ‘back’ the whole point?

Was Is There A Me? slightly I'm Not A Girl inspired musically? (Might just have though that cause her outfit reminded me of Britney too)

Was this Busy‘s real vocals? Because pipes! Who knew.

This season was soo good. Well written and the writers know their references!

I’ll definitely re-watch, because there were so many jokes that i couldn’t absorb properly in one sitting.

Also: unreal for them to build a whole storyline around that Jewel/Jessica performance - when i just sent it to my friend one day earlier! I couldn’t.

So sad this doesn’t find an audience. It is super clever and lighthearted.

Mvnl

Staff member
Was this Busy‘s real vocals? Because pipes! Who knew.

This season was soo good. Well written and the writers know their references!

I’ll definitely re-watch, because there were so many jokes that i couldn’t absorb properly in one sitting.

Also: unreal for them to build a whole storyline around that Jewel/Jessica performance - when i just sent it to my friend one day earlier! I couldn’t.

I had no idea this was a thing!!