Gladiators Reboot (BBC)

Ah the Pauline Oliver episode, I loved that one.

I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes with her. She was dominant in her heat, and the whole Tilt/Suspension Bridge feud was fantastic, then in her quarter final she was awful!

Last edited:
I didn’t get it either. Many of the games were the same, on occasion with different opponents, but Pauline didn’t perform well in that quarter final. It was a shame as she had the ingredients of being a fantastic contender but it all went to shit.

The first Semi in Series 2 is one of the strongest for the ladies across the original one. It would have been amazing final.

The final, they seemed to give the runner up (won't say who just incase people are watching it) a bunch of games she's never played, or done well in. Despite being one of the better (maybe the best?) scoring in her heat.

Brilliant episode tonight. Male Gladiators seem to have got themselves together a bit more, and some great individual battles in the women's events (the speed of both the contenders on the Edge made such a big difference to the excitement of the event). And that eliminator, wow. Great TV.

I think they have shortened the headstart on the Wall down to 6 seconds? Certainly felt closer.

Couple of the Gladiators need to learn from the old school though and wait until they are closer to grab, rather than stretching after their feet with their fingertips and losing all momentum.

Viper is terrible. Nothing redeeming about him. Legend's "I've got a medical condition" line made me chuckle and he captures a 2024 evolution loveable rogue spirit of Wolf so much better.

Maybe Athena will go back to the Team events after that Duel performance...

I will selflessly offer myself to investigate Legend’s ‘medical condition’ between his legs.

Let us know what you find. Provide pictures if you can.

Athena on Duel. Ouch. Dev and Paul on…everything. Ouch.

Really entertaining episode, though. Those Eliminators were fantastic, particularly the women.

I wonder who got the final place on the quarter finals? I guess they’ll be unveiled in the third quarter?

And yes The Wall head start now appears to be 6 seconds? And thankfully Diamond actually won for the women this time.

So I assume that if we have had 5 heats. We will get 3 quaters with another fastest losing Eliminator getting a place in the semi.

I hope they say the fastest loser in the heats can't progress from the quaters as fastest loser. As it would be very unfair for someone to lose twice and be in the Semi.

He/him
Sabre is infuriating. Can she not stand still?
She's just trying to play into the physicality of a sabretooth toying with its prey. I like her.

I'm still seeing a worrying amount of people saying that Legend is so arrogant and up himself, because they genuinely believe that's what he's like. He's playing his role the best out of all of them. That medical condition line tonight was absolutely brilliant. He's my favourite of the men, by far.

She's just trying to play into the physicality of a sabretooth toying with its prey. I like her.

I'm still seeing a worrying amount of people saying that Legend is so arrogant and up himself, because they genuinely believe that's what he's like. He's playing his role the best out of all of them. That medical condition line tonight was absolutely brilliant. He's my favourite of the men, by far.
Yeah Sabre is playing her character, as is Nitro being the energetic one, Phamton with the hood, Diamond with the striking nails etc.

Yeah Legend is playing the arrogant guy, if you check his Instagram he's not like that at all in real life. I mean he's playing the villian better than Viper who is really one note with his look.

Diamond and Fury for my favourite girls, whilst Giant and Nitro for the boys. Legend for the villian and comedy.

Brilliant episode tonight. Male Gladiators seem to have got themselves together a bit more, and some great individual battles in the women's events (the speed of both the contenders on the Edge made such a big difference to the excitement of the event). And that eliminator, wow. Great TV.

I think they have shortened the headstart on the Wall down to 6 seconds? Certainly felt closer.

Couple of the Gladiators need to learn from the old school though and wait until they are closer to grab, rather than stretching after their feet with their fingertips and losing all momentum.

Viper is terrible. Nothing redeeming about him. Legend's "I've got a medical condition" line made me chuckle and he captures a 2024 evolution loveable rogue spirit of Wolf so much better.

Maybe Athena will go back to the Team events after that Duel performance...
Viper is too one note, giving that look and grunting is really dull. Legend has nailed it, cocky but funny.

Yeah Anthea wasn't great on duel.

He / him
I have a question about the fastest runner up in the eliminator. Are the time penalties from scoring included, or is it done purely on how long they take when their individual whistle blows?

The editing on the new series seems very blatant, with speeches and conversations very obviously closely cut. I haven't watched the original shows for years but I'm sure it never used to be quite as obvious as this unless I was just too young to notice these things!

I have a question about the fastest runner up in the eliminator. Are the time penalties from scoring included, or is it done purely on how long they take when their individual whistle blows?

It’s difficult to tell what they’re going to do here as they’ve not revealed the timings of the Eliminator (unless you count it yourself), but in the original series, it was individual times regardless of the time penalty.

The editing on the new series seems very blatant, with speeches and conversations very obviously closely cut. I haven't watched the original shows for years but I'm sure it never used to be quite as obvious as this unless I was just too young to notice these things!

I found the same thing in this episode in particular. I don’t think it was as obvious in the original series. They must have a lot of material to work with to fill an hour and to cut these interviews to shreds seems unnecessary.

Last edited: