Gladiators Reboot (BBC)

Another enjoyable episode. These eliminators in this series have been great and these two no exception. I liked all four contenders but I’m not mad at the winners.

Seeing Powerball get an outing made a nice change and Electro actually did pretty well considering how mediocre she was on The Ring. But I’m so over Duel. I get it’s iconic, but give another event a chance. Hang Tough being given two outings so far is a travesty.

It was good seeing Apollo on The Wall, he done very well.

It does seem that, in training, the Glads seemed to have focused on speed and not actually stripping someone from the wall, they're getting better but need to learn that grabbing a foot usually doesn't end well.

I wonder if Comets injury has put the producers off using Hang Tough, which is a shame as it's an integral event.

As much as I like Legend, I do have to wonder how effectual he is as an actual Gladiator, that was his fifth game of The Edge, and yet it still seems like he's throwing the game each time, not really putting the effort in.

It was good seeing Apollo on The Wall, he done very well.

It does seem that, in training, the Glads seemed to have focused on speed and not actually stripping someone from the wall, they're getting better but need to learn that grabbing a foot usually doesn't end well.

I wonder if Comets injury has put the producers off using Hang Tough, which is a shame as it's an integral event.

As much as I like Legend, I do have to wonder how effectual he is as an actual Gladiator, that was his fifth game of The Edge, and yet it still seems like he's throwing the game each time, not really putting the effort in.
I was thinking this too, I know from the Gladiators socials, Comet has been described as the “Queen of Hang Tough” so I think Hang Tough would probably have featured a lot more had Comet not been injured.

Another great episode though, Glad Electro had a good night and thought Apollo had his best outing so far too.

I can’t work it out either. I want to say it’s more showboating than ability, but it’s hard to tell with him.

He/him
There were 2 moments from the on-screen Gladiator bios that made me chuckle last night.

In the intro to Powerball, we saw "Electro's favourite event is Powerball", while we were being told it was her first time on that event in the series. If she likes it that much, why haven't they let her do it?

Then we see Nitro's, which said "Nitro has explosive energy, both vertically and horizontally". Like, what?

Then we see Nitro's, which said "Nitro has explosive energy, both vertically and horizontally". Like, what?

I laughed at that too. My mind has obviously gone to dirty places but I can’t think of a reason why that would be included in a bio.

I think I’ve read somewhere that Diamond’s favourite game is to Powerball too. God knows why it’s taken three occasions for Electro to play it and Diamond hasn’t played yet it at all.

Yeah it was nice to see Electro do well in Powerball. I can't see Athena being kept though, she really doesn't offer anything. Dynamite's weird bit of smacktalk felt so random.

Nitro scaling that wall was incredible but they never learn you can't just grab the foot as soon as you get there.

Thought it was a nice moment on the Edge that Sabre handled pretty well.

It's a shame about Comet as she's the closest of this group to that sort of Jet/Lightning/Vogue more gymnastic character. And they seem to have withdrawn Hang Tough as a result which is a shame, and I feel unnecessary although I understand why they are so cautious when it was such a bad one.

Does anyone know if when the Gladiators are hired they are carded in a similar way to wrestlers? So you have a couple who are considered the 'stars', you have the mid-cards, and then the ones that are just there to make up the numbers. Or does prominence get built up based on performances? It just feels there must be some careful producer calculation in which Gladiator does which event.

Last edited:
They/them, he/him
In the intro to Powerball, we saw "Electro's favourite event is Powerball", while we were being told it was her first time on that event in the series. If she likes it that much, why haven't they let her do it?

My guess is that this information was added in post-production, so it could still be the case. And I would imagine that the Glads would have to have a go on each event before filming so they can get an idea for strategy and the like.

I’ve done a 360 on Legend since I discovered his instagram. Like, fuck.

My guess is that this information was added in post-production, so it could still be the case. And I would imagine that the Glads would have to have a go on each event before filming so they can get an idea for strategy and the like.

I’ve done a 360 on Legend since I discovered his instagram. Like, fuck.
Doesn't a 360 mean you started back where you began? Shouldn't it be a 180?

Another enjoyable episode. These eliminators in this series have been great and these two no exception. I liked all four contenders but I’m not mad at the winners.

Seeing Powerball get an outing made a nice change and Electro actually did pretty well considering how mediocre she was on The Ring. But I’m so over Duel. I get it’s iconic, but give another event a chance. Hang Tough being given two outings so far is a travesty.

I expect Duel is relatively easy and speedy to set up, which will also be an influencing factor in how frequently it features.

I expect Duel is relatively easy and speedy to set up, which will also be an influencing factor in how frequently it features.

I hadn’t thought of that, you are probably right. It’s just a tad annoying when a game like Powerball is easy to set up as well and has been seen less.

I hope we get a second season so more games can be introduced into the event pool.