Gladiators Reboot (BBC)

He/him
I find Apollo weirdly unsexy. It's all about Nitro and Steel for me.
Me too. The bookkeeper hairstyle doesn't help. Steel is just utterly beautiful though.

Honestly, Legend's sense of humour is so sexy too. I just love how cheeky he is and he'd clearly be a total scream to be around. The "individual brilliance" comment was sensational. I love him.

I'm delighted Findlay and Bronte got through tonight. I liked Jake too, but I'm glad Betty didn't make it.

I don't know why I didn't watch this show properly in the 90s, it's so camp! I love it now. Legend gets the panto villain part just right with his humour, while Viper is one note. I think Sabre and Fury are the best out of the women. The others haven't stood out so much personality-wise.

I don’t understand how Brontë got 10 points when Sabre was injured. It made no sense. Bring in another Gladiator for goodness sake!

Great episode. The women’s Duel was the best of the season. Some other good moments too like Legend. But I agree Sabre was a bit cringe too and all very fake.

I’m thrilled with the finalists. Betti got what she deserved after several instances of dirty tactics - light kicking Dynamite on The Wall, putting her hand in Electro’s face/forehead in Powerball, holding down Fury’s head on The Edge in her quarter final.

He/him
I don’t understand how Brontë got 10 points when Sabre was injured. It made no sense. Bring in another Gladiator for goodness sake!
They treated it the same as if the Gladiator had fallen out of the event, leaving the competitor to complete it, as has happened before. There was ample time for Bronte to just walk back and forth and get maximum points, so they just awarded it.

I saw on Sheli's socials that she tore her hamstring on The Edge and it took 5 months of hardcore rehab to recover. She's an absolute machine in the gym. Her training videos are astonishing.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for the last two shows.

Will it become the Fury/Diamond/Dynamite show, or will they give Athena/Fire/Electro a few more appearances....risky, as they haven't been used as much.

Fire has had a few Duels and Electro has been doing well in Ring/Powerball, and she did the Wall so I think those two can fill gaps easily enough and we'll just see Athena for Gauntlet.

They treated it the same as if the Gladiator had fallen out of the event, leaving the competitor to complete it, as has happened before. There was ample time for Bronte to just walk back and forth and get maximum points, so they just awarded it.

They are treating it in the same way as if the Gladiator had fallen off, but that just doesn't sit right with me. I feel the injury, in this context, should’ve meant another Gladiator was drafted in to finish the game properly.

Oh and I foresee Athena stuck doing the team events and nothing else in the final two episodes. That won’t change. But I do think Diamond, Fury and probably Dynamite will get the most air time as they seem to be production favourites (no shade as that’s not their fault). I’d like to see more of Athena and Electro, but I think it’s too late for that.

They are treating it in the same way as if the Gladiator had fallen off, but that just doesn't sit right with me. I feel the injury, in this context, should’ve meant another Gladiator was drafted in to finish the game properly.

Yeah I agree, It wasn’t as if she got her injury stood metres from Brontë and therefore she had a good shot, Sabre had her pinned to the floor which means we were in for 30 seconds of her trying to get her off and sending her down, or just 30 seconds of Brontë clinging on but not moving across to score. It seemed really unfair, and I say that as someone who wanted Broute, not Betti to advance.

Gutted for Chung. A great contender and a very nice guy. Seemed odd to put the person who lost to him in the heats in?

Very surprised to see Sabre (briefly) tonight after her injury in the first semi, given it sounded like it was a quite a bad tear. Unless she injures herself again?

Looking forward to the final next week - it's been such a joyous series. Will leave a massive gap in the Saturday night TV schedule.

Feel for Kerri, she was amazing tonight that must have been absolutely heartbreaking.

They really need to agree on a protocol for injured/ill contenders, it really doesn't seem to make much sense at the moment.

Quite possibly, this semi was filmed first, hence Sabre not injured.

With this episode, Sabre, Dynamite and Nitro have clocked up 20 appearances, and Diamond now has 21.