Glee | The Popjustice Forum

Glee

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mvnl, May 3, 2009.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

[​IMG]

This new show starts this month on Fox..
    I don't know much more about it than the promo I saw, so here you go..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNU0KoBIIdE

Could be cheesy as hell (High School Musical all over again), but when the girl started singing On My Own I was interested.. very curious what this will be like, the whole promo feels more like a (predictable) Step Up/HSM-kind of movie, so I'm curious how this will be translated to a full show...

2. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

Looks very cheesy, but the trailer does feature gratuitous use of "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, which warms the cockles of my raised-in-the-80s heart. The trailer makes clear there'll be plenty of soap opera details of the teacher's life as well as the kids.

Besides, you know how all these teen shows go - before long regardless of whatever made the leads special, they're all involved in will they/won't they love triangles, regardless of any other plotline.

3. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

I am soooo looking forward to this!

It was created by Ryan Murphy so it should be more 'Popular' than 'High School Musical'!

4. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

I loved Popular and Nip/Tuck was great for the first few seasons, so I'm very excited for this.

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The pilot's out.. watching it as we speak.. they just used Annie's Chewing Gum under a scene! This must be good...

6. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

Can't wait! I have an appointment to watch it with a friend on its proper premiere date but I am pissing myself with excitement over this.

7. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Looking forward to it! Ryan Murphy is a genius!

I'm still gutted 'Popular' isn't available on region 2 DVD.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Okay.. just saw the pilot, and it's good..

There's bit that were a bit too cheesy/sweet (I kinda like that sometimes but I'd be embarrassed to rewatch this with a friend) + some bits that were a bit too much 'typical highschool-comedy' (I really don't need fart-jokes..)

But then there were some really lovable characters, great and plenty!! use of (interpretations) of popsongs, Lea Michele must be thé new talent (adore her voice!), and Cory Monteith is very nice eyecandy.

Enough for me to stay tuned.. o, and all clips from the promo were in the pilot.. I had the feeling they'd already given away the complete story of season 1 but that's definitely not the case..
    I really wonder what audience they're targeting at.. pop/camploving gays and teenage girls will love it, but is that enough of an audience to keep the show going..?
    I have a feeling this will either be taken of after one season (I can't really think how they'd stretch the story of a bunch of underdogs becoming a succesfull group for multiple seasons anyway) or it will be thé suprise-hit and it will be really huge this year!

Promotional item on the show
    and another trailer..

Gee... This Lea really can sing!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbzy8E5cdM&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMBjQd1U0Gg

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Just heard they'll put the songs used in the episodes on itunes each week on thursday after the episode.. Great idea!
    I was already looking forward to a soundtrack, but this way we might actually get all songs!

10. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

Does that mean Chewing Gum has a chance of being a hit?! The smallest chance...but still a chance!

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

If you mean because of the Itunes-deal.. I expect they'll only put up the songs by the cast..

12. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Do we know when this'll properly start airing?

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Tuesday the pilot goes on air.

14. Charley

Charley Staff Member

And then the rest of the series follows or is it just a 'test' airing?

15. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

Pilot Tuesday, series proper to follow in the fall.

16. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

Is there a way to see this online in the UK? I've done a search but can't find it the way I usually see other shows!

17. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

It hasn't aired yet, so you won't be able to find it in your usual methods.

18. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

I saw the Pilot on Hulu and really loved it. Their version of Don't Stop Believin' is number 1 on iTunes!

Anyway, I love the main guy, the lady with the red hair and the girl who sang On My Own.

19. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

I'm shocked it's already #1 on iTunes. Maybe this will break my streak of falling in love with shows that get canceled before they finish their first seasons.

I adore this already. Jessalyn Gilsig (the main character's shrewish wife) is a favorite of mine and the teenage male lead is very, very easy on the eyes. It really is the upbeat spiritual successor to Popular I never knew I needed.

20. Re: Glee (Musical comedy)

the full pilot episode is available to download for free on US iTunes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.