Glee | Page 120 | The Popjustice Forum

Glee

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mvnl, May 3, 2009.

1. When does it start in the UK?

2. It was alright, but pretty boring. I really fucking hate Sue though. She's awful.

3. What a lame reason to boot off Santana from Glee club and keep Brittany.

It was hilarious that Quinn's transformation. Like a bad parody to teenage movies from 80s.

Two things I liked :

Santana, Brittany and Rachel singing equally the song that they did in the cafeteria.

Blane singing and having dance moves like he had a seizure.

Still not a bad episode but nothing mindblowing.

And one more thing loved this new character ... that girl with that syndrome (I forgot her name and the name of that syndrome).

4. SBK

SBK

Dullest episode EVER. It was really a nothing episode.

The only memorable bit was the "I have self diagnosed asphergers so I can pretty much say whatever I want" line.

5. I thought it was like watching a Batman Begins or X-Men: First Class version of Glee.

6. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Blaine is still TERRIBLE as ever. Why did he have to join? Yuck. His It's Not Unusual was typically shit. I loved how Kurt referenced the Katy Perry hit haha.

Overall, a boring opening but I think this is the norm now.

7. WHAT ?

Blane was the only thing I liked in this episode. I mean his musical number.

8. I am not here for Artie and Tina being the only Juniors, basically admitting that next year will be shit.

9. SBK

SBK

That bit was such an obvious reply to the internet chatter about who was juniors and who were seniors.
    I honestly don't believe Artie is a junior!

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Blaine is dreamy but for some reason they'd dressed him up like a clown, it was not pleasant. And I don't want him in New Directions, I want him in his blazer!

And isn't it pronounced 'AsperJers'?

Tomorrow on Sky. The swines.

11. Quinn gives me life. She's an acting trainwreck, going from bad to worse, (and more nasally).
    Rachel is also even more of a parody of herself than before.

12. Viewing figures for the premiere were 8.91 million. Only 2 episodes of Season 2 were lower than that. I think many have given up on the show and they'll have to work much harder to win fans back.

13. Really? I thought her characterization in the premiere was spot on; it was simultaneously refreshing and worrisome because I don't see them maintaining it consistently over a full season.

14. I thought it was an encouraging return to form:

a) No boring 'woe is me' Kurt trauma, which grates after 20 minutes, let alone 20 episodes.
    b) Rachel and Kurt - gay and hag. Why didn't they do this sooner.
    c) Blaine. He annoyed the hell out of me last season, but get him out of a blazer and stick him on a bow tie, and all of a sudden I want to do unmentionable things to him.
    d) Setting up of plots that will hopefully develop - Kurt's bid for class president, applying for drama school
    e) Shue not being a complete and utter dickhead

With the promise of fewer tribute shows and an actual plot, I'm really quite looking forward to seeing how it develops. Of course, Ryan Murphy will probably mess it all up by episode 4, but fingers crossed.

15. SBK

SBK

You can see where the Rachel and Kurt friendship is going to end up. One gets their dream, the other doesn't.

16. Really? I thought it was a blatant lead into Glee: The College Years with both of them ending up in NYC.

Which sounds like a lot more fun than Glee: The New Class.

17. SBK

SBK

Well that is a possiblity too.

But it wouldn't be Glee without Kurt / Rachel breaking down in tears because the world isn't going their way.

18. Am I the only one that thinks Sugar/Santana could happen?

19. I heard a rumour on Twitter that they will? Not sure if it's based in fact or not.

I watched the whole episode and I really liked it - I love the Rachel Berry 2.0 character played by the Glee Project girl, and I'm looking forward to lots more Rachel/Kurt Together storylines - much less annoying than Finchel and Klaine! Maybe by the end of the season they can have covered the entire of Wicked, since Defying Gravity and in particular For Good remain two of the best covers the show has done.

20. It was an okay first episode.

I love them doing Wicked. I thought they'd do 'One Short Day' in New York as it fits perfectly, but my dream Glee song would be Santana doing 'No Good Deed'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.