Glee | Page 121 | The Popjustice Forum

Glee

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mvnl, May 3, 2009.

1. I would like that a lot.

2. I didn't like it much...

- We Got the Beat was good
    - Rachel and Kurt were good together
    - Nice to see Lindsay from The Glee Project appear
    - Brittany was sweet
    - Blaine's "singing face" is annoying
    - Is Lauren out of it now?

Otherwise, same stories doing the rounds: Sue hates Will, Will can't get Emma in the sack, Rachel being a micro-diva...

3. I didn't really like this episode, to be honest. It seems like it was set before season 2 most of the time. Santana's characterization seems to have gone backwards. Quite odd, hopefully it improves.

4. I have mixed feelings about this episode. It basically hit reset yet again on far too many storylines from last season and even the latter half of season 1. The songs were good, yet not what you'd expect from a premiere episode. "You Can't Stop The Beat" should have been amazing but fell short for me.

A cleverer show could convincingly argue the reset button pressing was all a reflection of fickle teenage life. This however is Glee needing to win back viewers without them feeling like they have to catch up on too much. Quinn's transformation would have made much more sense a year ago rather than now, too.

My heart sank at how quickly Sue switched back into hating the New Directions. Yes, it was a great rivalry in Season 1 - yet I really thought and hoped Sue was being given a new rival to occupy her.

Rachel's characterisation was spot on in this episode. Kurt wasn't annoying. Sam's exit explanation was shoddy and the blink-and-you-miss-it way they seem to have written out Lauran Zizi's sucked. The writer's really have no time for Puck anymore, do they?

I'm glad Blaine has been moved over to McKinley as leaving him in the Warblers would have just been a retread of last year although the show has quietly sidestepped that the producers were originally interviewed last year that Blaine was a year older than Kurt. At least we'll have some good duets with Rachel to look forward to...

5. I was upset with how they handled Santana. It felt like all her characterisation had been reversed - she was the best thing about S2 and they seemed to have undone that. Kicking her out of the Glee club makes for a good storyline but there was no reaction to it, Brittany didn't even defend her. Even a shot of her looking sadly at the group perform YCSTB would have sufficed for me.

Also, I'd love a Santana/Blaine duet. They have amazingsexy chemistry.

6. I actually liked the episode which I'm a bit shocked about, I was sorta ready to give up on the show after season 2.

7. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

The funny, yet predictable, thing about Quinn's transformation is that it will all be gone next week.

8. They need to kill off Kurt quicker. He's the primary reason why the show's ratings have plummeted a bit.

Glad they've turned Quinn back into a conniving bitch.

Brittany's unicorn headband was cute.

9. 'Somewhere' was amazing. Other than that - MEH. A whole episode devoted to musical theatre? I'm a gay who loves musical theatre and even I thought it was a bit much.

10. Mr Schue is so fucking annoying and I find myself skipping all of Kurt and Blaines songs. There are literally no likeable male characters on this show.

11. The duet of Somewhere was amazing. The rest was poor though, and Kurt and Blaine are both such fucking annoying performers.

12. I thought the episode was great plot-wise. There were so many great moments for Quinn, and Shelby. As y'all have said though, Kurt is an incredibly selfish and annoying character. Blaine is slightly more tolerable, but the golden boy thing is even staler this season than it was last.

13. Quinn and Shelby were great in last nights episode, Kurt is as annoying as ever... he really puts me off the show I always skip his solos.

14. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I knew Quinn's act would go in this episode. Typical!

The music numbers were rubbish, especially the musical ones, I hate them.

I love Idina Menzel.

15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Blaine is a junior? Riiiiight.

16. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

But... that means... he's going to... stay.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

17. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

But he's so hot! As long as they keep close-ups of his face singing to a minimum, we should be fine.

18. Blaine, Artie, Tina, Sugar and Lauren. Go get that Nationals 2013 title!

19. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Haha. I'm sure Brittany will be held back. And I can see Quinn sticking around in some form or another as well. I don't get why they aren't introducing 3-4 new Glee club members each series, though. It would make so much more sense.

20. I thought it was very strange that the message of Quinn's storyline was essentially an endorsement of conformity. "You have pink hair and you wear leather, YOU CAN'T BE A MOM!"

There's so little nuance to this show. Maybe there never was, but before there was at least a sense that certain characters - like Rachel, who's a shining star among the swamplands of the show - were written with that extra dimension that made for interesting plot development. I do feel like they're trying to make something of these episodes, but something's not fully clicking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.