Glee | Page 225 | The Popjustice Forum

Glee

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mvnl, May 3, 2009.

1. I met Alex Newell in a bar once and I can't remember exactly what they said but they made a very disparaging remark about Lea so I got the impression that there was no love lost there.

Also, I think I stopped watching at the start of Season 5. I meant to go back and just never got around to it.

2. A lucky escape

I don’t know how anyone can go back and enjoy this show now, as it’s cast has retrospectively started to fill up with a pedophile and a racist.

3. I don't know a tv show that started so good and crashed down so fast. I started hate watching it in season 2 and just hated it by season 3. I just couldn't get past by the over the top annoying characters and ridiculous (and not in a fun way) plot lines.

Slice of Life, Pat, Hudweiser and 2 others like this.
  4. All this drama reminds me what a shit show Glee was. Not even worth going back to hate watch.

lushLuck and Macsun like this.
  5. I feel the same way. I loved some of the mashups but this show is so problematic. In hindsight I wish it never existed.

lushLuck and mi|kshake like this.
  6. The show was terrible since season 1 but maybe it's just me hating musicals/ shit covers/ unbearable characters. Then you add all of the problematic takes on multiple themes and... bye. Lea especially gave me the same vibes of Demi in Camp Rock.

My mother and my sister watched all of the seasons and by the end they were hate-watching ddd.

mi|kshake likes this.
  7. That SJP storyline, and they all sing a 'Lets Have a Kiki/Turkey Lurkey Time' mashup?

[​IMG]

8. Island

Island Staff Member

Oh those few months where Gwyneth was EVERYWHERE due to Glee, Goop, Iron Man 2, and Country Strong, in which Forget You kept following her, too. A nightmare, literally a nightmare.

9. Wasn't Demi Lovato like a lunch lady lmaoooo

10. Kate ate that tho...

11. I knew not to watch even a single episode of this trash when we were all terrorized by that cover of Don't Stop Believing way back when, and it looks like I didn't miss a goddamn thing.

12. The pilot really was incredible, though.

13. The covers just got lazy. Instead of interpreting songs they just straight up re-did them like those cheap iTunes versions that used to come out a week before anticipated hits.

sesita and Holly Something like this.
  14. Rumour Has It/Someone Like You and Survivor/I Will Survive were the last great covers to come out of Glee.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    sugarcoma, Daniel_O, sesita and 9 others like this.
  15. I think everyone owes Naya an apology because she tried to tell us...I also am bothered by Ryan's hatred of Dianna...and in later years Naya. I think both would KILL roles in American Horror Story but those seem to be the 2 he dislikes the most of the OG cast. The fact that he had Naya, Diana, Kevin, Jenna, Amber, and Harry and had no clue what in the hell to do with ANY of them is insane! He seemed to like no one but Lea and Chris (and Corey) in the beginning, and then it morphed into Leah and Darren (w/ Chord & Becca). How funny is it that Melissa and Grant landed the CW superhero shows and are still working. I LOVED this show the first few seasons, but yeah, I could never go back and watch it. Still team Unholy Trinity forever!

16. I think I only watched like the first half of season one of Glee and Lea's face was always so annoying and smug to me (even whilst playing the 'nerdy' girl) something about her gave me an aggressive, entitled, spoilt vibe and I had to stop watching.

I know there's been rumours about her for some time now so I'm glad this all come to light finally.

Conan and Martyn like this.
  17. That AND her performance of Americano/ Dance Again were probably my favorites of the show.
    Agree with all of you, it just isn't rewatchable anymore and just turned to shit during it's run.

18. Brands are already distancing themselves from her.

19. There went her one paying gig.

20. Somebody needs to do a 'Nobody hates Glee more than the cast of Glee' compilation like they did for Twilight, because literally no one has positive remarks about the show nn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.