Glee | Page 226 | The Popjustice Forum

Glee

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mvnl, May 3, 2009.

1. Alex Newell makes some bops the last few years.

But I dont check in with any of the rest of them.
    I can see WHY the show was popular, especially with young people... But now that all it's viewers are all older, we can look back and see how questionable the whole thing was. And honestly, I know some drag queens who regularly bust out Glee covers and perform to them and I always judge them from a distance.

2. Why did they cast Kevin McHale as a wheelchair using character?

I only watched like the first episode and a half of this show.

3. This is reminding me of when the entire cast of Emmerdale came out and revealed what an absolute nightmare Roxanne Pallet was after her stint on Celebrity Big Brother.

4. Funny you should say that because I couldn't think of two women who are innately more unlikeable. Lea got what she deserved, and I'm not talking about the nose job.

Maria and Robsolete like this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Let's not forget this: (at 0:40)
    Mel B: My father got diagnosed with cancer
    Lea: I LOVE MY THERAPIST!!

neinzedd, Pat, rav4boy and 4 others like this.
  6. I had never heard this story before but... screaming. Sounds like a Glee episode.

upload_2020-6-3_5-12-24.png

upload_2020-6-3_5-11-54.png

7. Wow. That's deranged.

A friend of mine is close with Ashley Fink who was in it for a while, I might make an enquiry.

8. There were always rumours about Lea not getting on with Dianna and then with Naya. Then with Dianna only appearing briefly from season 4 (and missing The Quarterback episode which was odd given Quinn and Finns relationship) and Naya being dropped from regular cast member status for the final season did imply Lea was calling the shots.

lushLuck and thommyh like this.
  9. Jessica Lange tried to warn us

[​IMG]

Can you say legendaric?

10. How her behavior was perceived by them??? Don’t go all Lana now Lea.

11. "and I have never judged others by their background or color of their skin, that’s not really the point..."

err... nn? it just doesn't add up!

12. "I'm sorry you thought I was racist" — typical coming from her.

Remorque, lushLuck and CIOB like this.
  13. Muffy sis the ‘sorry you chose to find my racism offensive’ of it all

lushLuck and CIOB like this.
  14. One of the things I'd always thought about Glee was that Mercedes\Amber was done dirty from day one. Everyone on this show pretty much had awful storylines on the show, so I wouldn't have expected anything different in that regards. But I really feeling so frustrated by this scene of Mercedes singing And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going. It was of course a great performance, but then I remember straight after it being portrayed as if performing the song had exhausted her! I'm sorry? Vocal powerful Mercedes Jones, exhausted after just one performance? Oh no, no ma'am.

And then at the end of the season, at regionals or sectionals or whatever, when they realised they needed a back up plan after seeing Vocal Adrenaline perform. They turn to Mercedes and she says something along the lines of "I only had one good song in me". I'm sorry? You're trying to get me to believe that vocal powerhouse Mercedes wouldn't be able to get up on that stage and knock a solo performance out of the park? Oh no, no ma'am.

And then flashforward through a lot of nonsense to season three, where we have that absolutely terrible - and out of nowhere I add - storyline where Mercedes is depicted as lazy. This has never been anything that was applied to Mercedes before, and yet here we were. And of course Mercedes was lazy, and Rachel was the amazing performer with the best work ethic. Granted, this led to some Dreamgirls Effie White parallels and let to the birth of the absolutely amazing Troubletones*. But they could have chosen any number of ways to take Mercedes down this avenue, but to go through the nonsense of her being lazy simply wasn't it. I really should have stopped watching the show there and then.

*And let's not even get me started on how The Troubletones were done so dirty! They should have won at Sectionals. They were better than New Directions, simple as.

15. Mercedes (and Tina!) were done dirty but doing Glee gave Amber the opportunity to do Dreamgirls and win an Olivier award, something Lea doesn’t have!

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Tina and Mr. Schuester were always my faves but I only watched the 1st season and I quickly forgot about it.

17. I was a Mercedes stan from day 1. Also very much here for Santana, Tina, Brittany and Quinn.

And last but certainly not least, Miss April Rhodes.

[​IMG]

Remorque, sugarcoma, Alenko and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.