Global Radio | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Global Radio

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SuckMyBean, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Regarding Global's limited playlists, is it somehow cheaper for them to have smaller playlists or something?

2. IA to above post who said they noticed they don't have much variety. I feel every time i get in car, if capital radio is on they play the same songs, all the time, no joke.

But i've notices their playlists aren't necessary to Global artists (Although they are obviously bias) as i swear they play Earthquake and Stronger 24/7, both of which are RCA...

3. Amazing thread! Ive just tweeted Alexandra burke this..."heres a thread that might interest you (link) #globalradiowreckcareers"

4. It's true. Recently I spent a week with my boyfriend over his family's house and they have Capital Radio playing, all day.

Domino left the charts ages ago but you're guaranteed to hear "I'm feeling sexy and freeee..." at least fifteen times a day.

5. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

YAS!! She needs to know if she doesn't already. I'm so glad we have this interaction with her.

6. Im not the biggest Alexandra fan but I think shes a great pop star who has catchy pop songs and im disgusted at the way shes been basically blacklisted from UK radio, it actually makes me really angry!!

7. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

And they're mates with Kelly Clarkson now so we know it's not due to the label move as such ie RCA are the issue, it's something else with Alex. Shady dealings I suppose. They still have WFL playlisted even though it's like 8 months old or something.

8. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

It annoys me too. I'm a stan lol, but I can see the BS and the reaction towards her, it's not right. Her songs are catchy, she vocally delivers, yet there's this thing of Alex is not good enough, all the time. UK radio should support their own. We never do, I mean a vocalist like Alex, as you see by watching XF every year, comes once in a generation to be fair, as does one like Leona. If she tours, get a ticket, I saw her in Sheffield, and she was incredible. I also thought...Misser Cowell has put all his money on the wrong horse too (oh the pun...woops). All her songs work excellently live for her.

9. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

Oh I know...it would be awful.

Yeah. I thought that for a long time. Alex is the only one in the world doing it fully, bar kelly rowland. Hence Azealia getting listed, and Misha B too. I'm happy Alex is pop. Showing that her skin colour should have no bearing on her music, she's very smart. They wouldn't expect Adele to make r&b although...she kinda already has (RITD and Rumour Has It - rhythm and blues). Alex can't win, it's sad.

10. I feel really sorry for Alexandra. She has an amazing voice, is beautiful, and has a great personality. What's not to love about her? Her music is great, so I don't see why some radios aren't playing her songs.

11. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

IMO it's like double standards. She has to work ridiculously hard to even be considered. All the radios are playing LIG bar Capital, Heart, R1 and Radio 2 (I think). Her plays for #80 something on airplay are huge, like 1,200 or something.

12. To be fair, 'Born This Way' was probably on heavy repeat just so they had as much opportunity as possible to use the "It doesn't matter I'd you love him or Capital FM" intro.

I use to listen to Capital at the gym and it literally transcends all manner of humour how repetitive it is. Like, it's obviously a joke commenting on the incessant plays of 'Domino','Twilight' and of course 'All About Tonight' but the actually reality is, no hyperbole, absolutely fucking ridiculous. I don't understand why the public willingly accept such relentless repetition.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  13. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

I don't think people can do much. The artists they play are popular and sell, and so are heard. I want to hear Janelle Monae, Marques Toliver and Lianne La Havas on repeat, not the Wanted.

14. How true is this? The UK in my opinion do not support R&B music from black women, unlike their white counter-parts. Keisha White being a good example of this. Is Tanya Lacey receiving any promos besides the odd appearance SBTV?

15. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

What I really want to happen is The X Factor USA to go really big and for Simon to snub The Wanted and any other Global artists from performing. That'll be really nice.

16. I think that's unlikely to happen. Either they'll stop playlisting Little Mix to get on the show or they'll get Justin Bieber's manager to stop any Bieber appearances on Cowell's shows. They'll get on the show if they want to be on it. Just like they got on The Voice, American Idol etc etc.

17. Why would anyone want X factor US to get really big and fuel the supposed influence of Simon Cowell and Syco?!

18. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

SyCo, as bad as they are, are certainly the lesser of the two evils.

19. What I don't understand is this...radio is business, right? It belongs to a company whose ultimate goal is profit. If people were being offended/disliking what they're listening to, they'd switch over, that radio station's audience would fall off and eventually shut down. I fail to see the need for laws to be made restricting how, when and why that radio orders the songs that get played. Yes, it's annoying when they don't playlist beloved artists, or when they playlist shitty ones, but...I mean, that's like saying clothes companies need to hire individual models for each page of each catalogue instead of reusing the same models over and over again.

Their radio, their rules. Fuck censorship, fuck the man, fuck establishment.

20. Yeah, no. On BBC stations there are three main playlists. The A-list, B-list and C-list. Songs on the A-list get the most play and songs on the C-list get the least. It's nothing to do with ranking or anything? If they want to hammer a song it goes on the A-list. Generally a song starts on the C-list and works its way up.

Re: Radio 1 playlisting acts under Global Radio, Radio 1 have never supported Cover Drive outside of C-listing 'Twilight' for like, a week, but they consistently A-list singles by The Wanted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.