Gloria Estefan

D

Deleted member 22995

I recall a rumour around the time that this was the original plan for an album, before they ended up with what became Gloria!
They were going to do an album either of her best remixes or just upbeat songs. She wanted to record a few new tracks. However they came up woth so much material she decided to do an album.

D

Deleted member 33299

They were going to do an album either of her best remixes or just upbeat songs. She wanted to record a few new tracks. However they came up woth so much material she decided to do an album.

And that was finally the concept of "Greatest Hits Vol. 2".

Honestly, I would had been prefer an "gloria! Vol.2" with another bunch of good dance/disco songs and great mixes. JLO's Let's Get Loud was part of those gloria! sessions discarted songs and she gifted her during the JLO's On The 6 sessions.

I've always believed that Gloria was also left wanting it and that's why she released "Miss Little Havana" years later. I think it was Sony who preferred to do a Greatest Hits after a decade full of hits to celebrate the millennium. On those years, all the pop stars were releasing greatest hits albums.

A gloria v2 would have been amazing!!

a second greatest hits after Destiny would have been odd - I think there would have only been two English language albums since the last?

I’m really excited for these Gloria remix bundles!!

A gloria v2 would have been amazing!!

a second greatest hits after Destiny would have been odd - I think there would have only been two English language albums since the last?

I’m really excited for these Gloria remix bundles!!

Any idea when? I am so excited too..

D

Deleted member 33299

Last information shared from Sony is they uploaded all the singles, maxis, remixes and CD-R mixes (some of them never released before) of the entire gloria! era but no idea when they're going to appear. They were in contact this months with original DJs who mixed the songs, @aquaplex and a Gloria collector who kindly provide the material. (Thank you guys!)

Also, Sony is going to release her latest album "Brazil305" on vinyl finally as requested by fans. Pre-order is available now:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t say too much but we tried to be as thorough as possible with the remixes.

I know you can't confirm anything but do we know if there was any edits or dubs of the Trouser Enthusiasts mix of Heaven?

Usually they would at least have a radio edit or something.

Exciting news to hear all the Gloria! Era remixes will be made a available soon! Amazing job @aquaplex

I’ve just been listening to Bailando Megamix, which is amazing, and wondered if anyone knew what mix of oye mi canto is used for it?

D

Deleted member 6896

I’d love a segue free Gloria! but that disco megamix on one of the CD singles from the album is 11/10!

Last edited by a moderator: