Gloria Estefan

Also can someone tell me who is on the cover here cause that sure isn't Glo

6a830de4-afbf-4478-aaa1-2e1ff0a4bfb7_1024.jpg
Pauloria Estefabdul

I'm not wild about Destiny. There are some lovely tracks on there ('Path of the Right Love', the title track, 'I'm Not Giving You Up'), but it is too ballad-heavy and the album versions of the two uptempo tracks - 'Party Time' and 'Higher' - aren't that great. Both of these were improved enormously by their single remixes.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that she was properly massive in the UK for a couple of years. In 1989 she had BOTH the #4 and #5 best selling albums of the year when albums were shifting serious units with ‘Anything For You’ and ‘Cuts Both Ways’. She was the highest ranking female artist with Kylie (Enjoy Yourself), Tina (Foreign Affair) and Madonna (Like A Prayer) just below.

D

Deleted member 33299

Destiny is one of her best albums. The Evolution world tour from that album was also incredible. One of those albums that must be reissued on clear brown/clear sand vinyl on a limited pressing.

I don't understand how, with Gloria's enormous career and impact on latin pop music over four decades, Sony has so far forgotten her catalogue.

Just an Into The Light album reissue (which was great) and that's it. There was also talks of uploading all her singles finally to Streaming and nothing was ever heard of them again.

Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I think it's the Estefans - Emilio, in particular. He doesn't seem easy to work with.

I think there was a Rolling Stone article posted here some time ago. It was from the period when Gloria was recovering from the accident and about to embark on a comeback. The article didn't paint him in a flattering light.