Glow (Netflix Series) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Glow (Netflix Series)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by lushLuck, Jun 22, 2017.

1. It’s what they deserve, it’s stunnng tv.

alanmr, superglowy and Remorque like this.
  2. This is one of the best shows out there. The writing, production and timing is perfect. I love all of the characters and the soundtrack is great.

Echoing everyone about Episode 8 also. Roll on Season 3!

alanmr likes this.
  3. Somehow the original GLOW is even kitschier than this show's depiction of it?? They've done a hell of a job recreating it though.

Robbietoxic and Remorque like this.
  4. Finally given this a go over the last few weeks, because I really like Alison Brie (problematic family aside) and have been intrigued by wrestling ever since I went to some shows for academic reasons. Seriously, that's a job!

The first season felt like one big pilot at first. The long build up to the actual show within the show was essential for the background but also a big risk I think. It could have done with a shift of gears midway, but it was subtle, fun and written really well. I'm sure if I watch it back in a year I would love it instead of just like it.

Season 2 hit it out of the ballpark though. It is the perfect mix of comedy with subtle heartfelt drama. Mixed with the physical aspect, these girls are doing one of the best jobs on tv. Ruth "Machu Picchu" and Tammé "The Welfare Queen" are everything. Cherry Bang is so good. Bash's subtle storyline was really well done (I also want that green jumpsuit and yellow shirt). 'Shipping' Junkrut already. Alison, Betty and Marc are the perfect leads for this. Very well deserved nominations.

I can't believe the last two years has offered me so much tv I love, for someone who can't be interested in zombies, vampires and fantasy or violence, blood and gore.

Vasilios and Terminus like this.
  5. I finished season 2 yesterday and it was incredible. Almost every episode was perfectly crafted. I’m very excited to see where they go in season 3.

alanmr, Terminus and Cosimo like this.
  6. Other half finally had time to watch this yesterday, so we got through 8 episodes.

It really is the best thing on Netflix right now - they need to do more than 10 episodes next time. 10 a year is not enough.

7. I don't know if Kate Nash is acting or just being herself but I love her in this.

8. I want Britannica to start rapping to 'Foundations'

9. I finished this yesterday. It really is brilliant.

It feels oddly complete, like there wasn't much of a cliffhanger to keep us wondering where it goes from here.

I'm sure the third series will be just as great - and I hope they bring it forward so we're not waiting another year.

10. I need 20 episodes every 6 months, thanks

11. 20 x 1hr

Vasilios and Remorque like this.
  12. So I guess Netflix will finaly start promoting this?

Terminus likes this.
  13. Officially been renewed for a third season.

Mikl C, Remorque, Lander and 7 others like this.
  14. So pleased - particularly after Netflix have been cancelling more shows recently. I hope this gets to run and run.

15. I’M SO FUCKING THRILLED!!!!

I love this show so much! #TeamBritannica

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  16. Sorry for bumping this thread from August but i started GLOW one New Years and I’ve just finished it - OMG WHAT A SENSATIONAL SHOW!! I LOVE!!

17. They finish shooting Season 3 this week. Fingers crossed for another June bow.

Also, Gay Bash please!

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  18. I hope so. It's a summer tradition!

superglowy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.