Glow (Netflix Series) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Glow (Netflix Series)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by lushLuck, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Gay bash is a summer tradition?

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  2. You never know.

JMRGBY88 and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  3. Just started watching this. 4 episodes in and it's really good fun.

4. Blob, alanmr, sinner and 6 others like this.
  5. Terminus likes this.
  6. Looks amazing

superglowy likes this.
  7. I've watched the first two episodes and it's as wonderful and joyous as ever but I will be needing some more in ring scenes as they really make it for me.

steste, superglowy and Steve003 like this.
  8. I’m gonna binge it later tonight, load up on snacks and take out and just binge the whole fucking Season.

Soooo excited!

Robbietoxic likes this.
  9. I'm really trying to savour it. I've only seen three episodes and I already feel like I'm racing through it and don't want it to end.

Matty_up and superglowy like this.
  10. I’m binging it because I know if I try spacing it out I’ll go online and spoil it all for myself.

I’m already finding it difficult not to do so as I’m not starting till later tonight.

Eek.

11. SHEILA PLAYING LIZA MINELLI IN EPISODE 5 DJSUDJS

12. Gonna try and plough through the series this weekend!

superglowy likes this.
  13. If this show gets cancelled, I’ll be devastated. Mourning shawl devastated.

I could live with a 5 season run and even one more as long as it wraps everything up in a pretty bow but if this gets fucking cancelled this year I swear to god....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heartthrob, lushLuck and Robbietoxic like this.
  14. I'm very worried about it as Netflix have been cancelling more and more shows after 3 seasons. I think a lot of it comes down to cost but this show has legs to run and run.

alanmr and superglowy like this.
  15. Betty Gilpin is such a fucking terrific actress. Why have I been sleeping on her?

alanmr, HollyDunnSomething and steste like this.
  16. ‘Glow’ is in a really weird position in that numbers wise it’s not that popular (it almost got cancelled after Season 1) which is one of two main things Netflix looks for, but it’s a critical darling and an awards magnet which is the second main thing Netflix looks for.

Plus it has Jenji Kohn as a producer.

50/50 as to wether it comes back for Round 4. I’m really worried too.

17. I didn't know that it didn't do well with the numbers for them. I know that we can see the UK top ten weekly now but they didn't used to do that so I hope it's high up this week for them. Netflix giving shows a chance used to be such a massive draw for them. I never knew that this almost got cancelled after season 1 either - so pleased we got more Glow.

18. I LOVED Season 3. This really is Netflix’s most consistent dramedy, and Betty Gilpin proves herself again to be the platform’s shining star over these 10 episodes. Geena Davis is such an iconic addition this season, and I love that they gave major stories to some of the girls we don’t usually hear from.

I still HATE the Ruth-Sam ‘will they/won’t they’ story that became an even bigger part of this season. I love their friendship so much and I don’t buy a romance between them at all, no matter how much the show pushes it.

Also this canNOT get canceled after that ending! While I loved the way this season wraps, it’s essentially a cliffhanger and I’ll be LIVID if that’s how Netflix ends the series.

alanmr and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  19. https://tvline.com/2018/11/19/glow-cancelled-netflix-ratings/

It managed to get a Season 2 then did well enough to get a Season 3, but I’m still cautious about assuming a Season 4 is in the bag.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  20. GEENA DAVIS IS IN THIS!!!?

lushLuck and Robbietoxic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.