Glüme - Main Character

Finally got around to listening to this and it really is a fantastic album, and way more eclectic than I was expecting, especially coming from an Italians Do It Better artist. I was kinda expecting the whole thing to be along the lines of Flicker Flicker and Garden of Allah, with Do Me A Favor being the Big Pop Single, and that certainly wouldn't have been a bad thing, but the good sis has a lot of range. A shame this seems to be so slept on because I feel a lot of people in the forum would love it.

Nice to see that the album is mentioned on Rolling Stone's 'Best Albums of 2023 So Far' list.

Glüme​

'Main Character'
The second album from actress and wayward pop star Glüme (a.k.a. Molly Marlette) is as grandiose as its title might imply, with earworms like the anthemic “Do Me a Favor” and the twitchy “Dangerous Blue,” cameos from the likes of Rufus Wainwright and Sean Ono Lennon, and a string-laden intermission in which Glüme instructs listeners to enjoy the show. But it’s hardly indulgent; its songs are kept vibrant by Glüme’s playfulness, which is apparent on tracks like “Wedding Cake Shop,” a fever-dreamy collaboration with indie fantasists Of Montreal. —M.J.