Goldfrapp - General Discussion | Page 54 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Do her shoes match the carpet or am I seeing things?

2. Well deserved!

3. She looks like my 7th grade teacher and I am screaming!

4. I played The Singles tonight after a long time. What a collection! I remember first hearing Goldfrapp back in 2003 and it was everything I needed in music at the time.

5. So the Headfirst repressing is happening, announced on their Instagram as a transparent magenta pressing, they're claiming the original pressing has been long out of print, but it's still available on Amazon and most record stores I go to, I wonder how many they pressed back in 2010 for it to still be available?

AndrewX and lob0to like this.
  6. Interestingly looks like a different image used in the gatefold for this reissue, and not containing the 24" poster of the original - I can’t imagine this reissue is going to sell anywhere near the amount of the previous 3, purely for the fact it’s never been out of print, and has been as cheap as £10.99 on Amazon over the years!

Probably won’t pick this or a Tales Of Us reissue up, but if they wanted to do a 2LP remastered Felt Mountain then I would jump at that!

AshtrayHeart and clowezra like this.
  7. Yeah I think I’m gonna pass on this one, it just doesn’t feel essential in the way that the previous ones have.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  8. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I'd only be interested if they threw on We Radiate. It fits the album so well after Head First.

9. And if you’re saying that with your username… I hope they’ve not ordered a large run of these!

10. Exactly, I’m not bothering with this one, like you said, it’s been available for as low as £10.99 and it is still available.
    The appeal for the first 4 albums was that they were unavailable, rare and could only be found on the second hand market for A LOT of money.

Jacques likes this.
  11. Yeah, this album is so easy to get at low prices, but the crazy completist in me will reluctantly be getting this.

12. My vinyl was destroyed when my upstairs neighbor’s plumbing decided it had enough. I’m glad I held off replacing it though. It was my first Goldfrapp vinyl, so having the rest of the reissues, it only makes sense to complete the collection.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I literally had to check Discogs to realize that I'd bought Seventh Tree. I moved to a new apartment not long after getting it so I packed it away. The biggest smile is on my face - it's such a great album.

enjoy, nikkysan, Lila and 9 others like this.
  14. It's definitely their best album for me. There's just something special about it.

nikkysan, Lila, clowezra and 4 others like this.
  15. It’s in my Top 3 of all time with Vespertine and Born This Way.

AllGagaLike, Lila, Applause and 3 others like this.
  16. Loving seeing all this Seventh Tree praise, it's also my favourite Goldfrapp album (tied with Felt Mountain)! As much as I adore their electronic albums, their more singer-songwritery releases including Tales of Us are where they shine the most-the thought of a pandemic inspired album in the same vein would blow my mind.

17. I wouldn't complain if they skipped the postponed anniversary of Felt Mountain and put out something new instead.

18. Is there any confirmation that they are working on a new album?

19. I think she's seeing other people.

Lila, moorje and wodny like this.
  20. Lila

Lila Staff Member

I think the implication at the time was always that Silver Eye was going to be their last work together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.