Goldfrapp - Silver Eye (2017) | Page 134 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye (2017)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, Aug 30, 2016.

1. The Holy Mountain-esque headfuck of a video to Anymore was 'generic'?!!?

Humanracin likes this.
  2. I disagree. After Tales Of Us, “Anymore” was a proper MOMENT and remains so, and “Systemagic” was another high grade track. The problem was that the single campaigns just came and went. I miss when Goldfrapp singles were an event. Black Cherry/Supernature/Seventh Tree were really peak Goldfrapp eras.

3. The Silver Eye roll-out went exactly as I would have expected for a band on their seventh album approaching their twentieth year. We're only ever going to get a couple of self-funded videos and digital remix EPs. They've done really well to maintain a stable fanbase that can still get their albums in the UK Top 10.

4. Silver Eye is top3 Goldfrapp for Ocean alone.

5. + Become the One and Faux Suede Drifter!

LovePOP and Arcadeblues_ like this.
  6. I cannot remember a single note of Faux Suede Drifter and Zodiac Black.

7. My only complaint about Silver Eye was the bizarre half-arsed deluxe edition (which I bought of course).

Humanracin likes this.
  8. Great imagery but horrible editing. And I LOVE the song.

"systemagic", on the other hand, is probably the weakest link on the album. Some cool bass synths though.

HorseTears likes this.
  9. Are Allison and Lisa still together? If we get another Goldfrapp album, I wouldn't say no to Lisa directing their videos again. She has such a great eye. And I've read comments from Alison about how she feels like she hasn't looked her best in most of their videos. I don't think she's ever looked more stunning than she did in the Tales of Us videos. Not that that is the sole characteristic of a great video.

10. My favourite videos are "Twist", "Ooh La La" and "Ride a White Horse". Weird and fun.

11. Yes, especially Ride A White Horse. They have a great sense of humor. Would love to see something sly from them again.

12. Number 1 though! Still as surreal in 2019 as it was in 2005

13. ????!

14. I like A&E’s video especially when she just collapses in the heap of leaves after the final note and the guitar comes through to finish it off.

Twist is very of-its-time video-effects wise but it’s still exhilarating and gaudy.

15. I need a William Wegman directed video from Goldfrapp in the future.

16. Why have a few of their music videos been blocked in the UK?

17. [​IMG]

We're extremely excited to announce the long awaited special edition vinyl reissue of ‘Black Cherry’. Originally released in April 2003, the album will be pressed on a purple vinyl with an exclusive 12” x 12” art print. Released on 27th September 2019, ‘Black Cherry’ will be the first of a series of Goldfrapp vinyl releases on special edition coloured vinyl.

Be in the first 150 to pre-order and get a FREE SIGNED ART PRINT. Once they're gone, a further 50 signed prints will be added to random orders of 'Black Cherry'.
    Pre-order yours now HERE.

FEATURES

- Special edition purple vinyl.
    - Exclusive 12" x 12" art print.
    - Signed art print if you're in the first 150 orders or one of 50 will be assigned to your order at random.

Facebook post says it's will be the first of a series of Goldfrapp vinyl releases on special edition coloured vinyl.

18. Favourite video of hers.
    Not related at all to the fact that it was filmed on my favourite beach in my home-island.

I've lately being addicted to A&E, so I need a new album of hers, thanks!

Verandi likes this.
  19. Wha? Systemagic is one of their best tracks ever. Periodt.
    Is there more Goldfrapp incoming?

Glitterizer, Humanracin and Verandi like this.

20. Damn, missed out on the signed one but just ordered the standard coloured vinyl. How exciting!

electrosamurai likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.