Goldfrapp - Silver Eye | Page 113 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dunno. With the green face paint and that outfit I was waiting for her to break into 'Defying Gravity'.

2. It reminded me to do my squats at least?

3. [​IMG]

I'm going to their gig in Antwerp next month. It'll be the first time I'm seeing them live since 2005 (two days after Supernature came out). Maybe I should hand out flyers to promote the rate?

Lila, wodny and ManilaChinchilla like this.
  4. That is a good idea, but if Alison gets one of them she will probably register just to tank Head First.

Lila, Kuhleezi, AGiantSheep and 5 others like this.
  5. That got a literal L-O-L outta me!

6. Should have few fans

Humanracin likes this.

7. MY ANXIETY HAS BEEN TRIGGERED

8. Are they/is she retiring?! Was this something that has been floated as a possibility before?

9. WHAT NO

Ferk likes this.
  10. Stop it with this Elizabeth Frazer/Hope Sandoval nonsense, luv, you're better than that.

11. I think she's just saying this might be one of the last big world tours.
    I don't think she will stop making music and doing shows though...

neinzedd and WhipperSnapper like this.
  12. ...that would make sense if their last big tour hadn't happened 7 years ago.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. I remember she posted something very similar just before the last Tales of Us gig at the Royal Albert Hall.

neinzedd likes this.
  14. NOOOOOOOOOO.

I hope this just means big tours or something. I can't imagine a world without Goldfrapp...they've been my favorite band since I was a teenager. Don't leave, Alison!!!!!!!!

marie_05 and Humanracin like this.
  15. Hopefully just this. I wonder if the wistfulness has anything to do with how Silver Eye "performed". Tales of Us charted higher just about everywhere, and I have to wonder if she feels like the commercial prospects are in decline (and thus future demand for a world tour, etc).

Humanracin likes this.
  16. He

He

But their tours are still doing quite well, right?

17. Sometimes a gal gets tired. I'm not far behind here age-wise, I know how she feels!

18. The Silver Eye Tour is still the best gig I've been to this year so far.
    She puts a lot of emotional energy into the show, she's probably just tired.

WhipperSnapper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.