Goldfrapp - Silver Eye | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocean has a very Depeche Mode/Royksopp feel to it. I LOVE IT!

Humanracin likes this.
  2. I get a hard-on just thinking about Ocean and reading your descriptions.

michaelrose likes this.
  3. I'm waiting to listen to Ocean until the album comes....it feels like we've been waiting an eternity since it was announced, hasn't it?

4. I wish this album was coming out Friday, I can't that long.

Ferk, 4Roses, Deer Stop and 2 others like this.
  5. I wonder what the set list will be for these "warm up" shows

I am going to the gig in London, at the Roundhouse.

I am guessing it will be the album then maybe 4 or 5 of the "hits" I am hoping it will be at leas a 90 minute full show, but will be interesting to hear the album live before I actually have heard the album.

I did this at the MIF festival for tales of us and it was fantastic. Such a beautiful gig and record.

6. 1. Anymore
    2–14. You Never Know
    15. Strict Machine (We are Glitter mix)

7. You wrote it like it's a bad thing

lushLuck, Isobel and michaelrose like this.
  8. I want to hear Black Cherry live

Its been too long.

ManilaChinchilla and Deer Stop like this.
  9. New interview, nothing new has been said, but there is full size photo used for Silver Eye cover:
    [​IMG]

10. Kind of like how they should've used the full body shot for Supernature? I weep for the peacock skirt

11. I guffawed.

12. Although it's a good image, I wasn't sure on it as the album cover and I've grown to really dislike it actually. There's something a bit "woman of a certain age can't be on the cover" about it. Like, the potential for great photos with that backdrop, the red hair... and she's holding a piece of tumbleweed over her face? Why? Is it just me?

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  13. I dunno, I kinda love that burning bush image. For some reason it almost felt subversive to me. Perhaps because the black top has those puffy sleeves that vaguely suggests a period costume. It's a bit Handmaid's Tale meet's 17th c. Salem.

Deleted member 21943 likes this.
  14. The other major promo photo so far is that no-makeup face shot of Alison, which draws heavily on images of plastic surgery, so I think it's very intentional.

15. This better leak soon.
    (Sorry Alison and Will)

Remyky22 and luluthecat like this.
  16. Aw no, I hope it doesn't - at least not this early anyway. It's only like 2 weeks away. We can wait!

17. Uhm...

Deer Stop and andru like this.
  18. I love your avatar! Such a cool photo.

19. Ocean is unbelievably good. And the vocals were recorded in one take.
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/goldfrapp-shares-pounding-new-song-ocean-listen/

Jammy and andru like this.
  20. Demi Lovato "Skyscraper" teas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.