Goldfrapp - Silver Eye | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I might, like, purchase this album. With money.

Noir likes this.
  2. Some of us already have.

Stopremix likes this.
  3. Just woke up and Silver Eye hasn't leaked yet.

[​IMG]

4. I do like Head First fine but it's comfortably my least favourite album of theirs. It's still a solid 8/10 and definitely not a bad album in anyway. It just doesn't seem as essential as the others. Hunt, Rocket and Alive are all wonderful songs.

5. First show and Anymore is already a barn burner (full song below). A few months from now it'll probably be even better. One of the things I love about Goldfrapp is that as their tours progress, they continue to flesh out and fatten the sound of their harder, uptempo songs. It's one of the advantages of being an American fan. By the time they get here (if they get here), we've reached peak performance and sound design on those bangers.

I have a feeling that this song's going to be one -- like Train and Strict Machine -- that never gets old. I wouldn't say no to them "Ride A White Horse'ing" or "Little Bird'ing" it and expanding that fabulous screamy "Oooooooh...I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't waiiiit anymoooore" bit (2:07-2:24'ish).

6. The climax of Anymore is transcendent. Just pure cathartic release. I can't believe I thought it was just "pretty good" a few short weeks ago.

7. Cambridge was wonderful last night. Setlist was in slightly different order. Loved that we got Shiny and Warm.

8. I think the new songs are gonna sound much better live than just in headphones.

Flotoritus likes this.
  9. Still no leak, huh?

[​IMG]

10. I'm secretly pleased it hasn't leaked, didn't Tales of Us, Head First and Seventh Tree leak ridiculously early? I'm glad they've managed to keep a lid on it this time round. Must be a relief for them too.

11. It comes out in a week and there are live videos to watch. Unless you're waiting to listen to it before you take yourself off life support, you can wait that long.

He, PEARL, kal and 5 others like this.
  12. I can't decide if I should listen to the live recordings or just wait until next week to experience it as God-frapp inteded. I feel like sometimes hearing a song live before you hear the recorded version can make the recorded version pale in comparison (this is why I'm nervous about Charli XCX's mythical 3rd album)

lushLuck likes this.
  13. That is exactly the point! If this leaked less than four months in advance, I would be happy for them, that in itself would be breaking the typical Goldfrapp standards. This situation, however, is just ridiculous. I'm even starting to feel a bit offended that I won't be able to know the album by heart by the time it comes out.
    Okay, I'm overreacting, but seriously, they are probably the last artists on earth that would be damaged by their album leaking in advance.
    And I feel my subconsciousness desperately wanting to dance in the moonlight, losing the collectivity of its lives to this album as soon as possible. They probably picked the song with "IIIIIIIII CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT IIIIIIII" hook out of pure spite*.They must be cackling right now.

*I really love you Alison and Will.

14. I'm struggling with the lack of a leak!!! I don't think I can handle seeing them live without knowing the album already. C'mon love!!

JacobTheMiro and Flotoritus like this.
  15. I must have read 20+ reviews now. That many copies out in the wild and no leak is truly astounding.

16. I wonder when Music Glue will start shipping physial copies. I am, unfortunately, sure they will ship orders from all over the world at the same time (29th, 30th), so it means I need to wait one week to receive my bundle (I live in Poland).

Flotoritus likes this.
  17. Apologies if anybody already made this point elsewhere on the thread, I just noticed the problem I'm finding with Ocean and Anymore (as I listen to them both yet again to try and get into them) is that they sound like Depeche Mode. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if the melodies were as strong as Violator or Music For The Masses but they're not. These two songs could fit on any of the last five Depeche Mode albums where the problem has been the lack of any memorable tunes (apart from Precious which was a great single). More apologies for making this my second negative comment in a row on this thread. I'm just finding it hard that the one band that never lets me down seem to be on the verge of doing so. I really hope I'm wrong about this.

Hitchcock likes this.
  18. This just literally made my day!! Lol

19. Amazing photo .. I love the crystal placed over her eyes.. I'm still trying to figure out what that necklace is though..

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  20. I'll leak it if this post gets 20 likes.

Jacques, Dreampopboy, He and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.