Goldfrapp - Silver Eye | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That review doesn't say anything like that...? He mentions her vocals, doesn't dismiss her as just a vocalist...

2. "New" photo appeared on Facebook page:
    [​IMG]

3. I won't listen to the leak or whatever. It's always more satisfying to wait.

and I got Head First on vinyl for a tenner.

ManilaChinchilla and Flotoritus like this.
  4. Love this!!

5. I think that's an exceedingly generous take. He isn't dismissive of her, but he doesn't even credit her as Will's fellow musician/composer/arranger/producer. Here's the passage in question:

Set opener “Anymore” promises interesting things, its cold and metallic sound propelled with a subliminal house beat that brings to mind Death In Vegas’s recent collaborations with Sasha Grey, while “Tigerman” plays like a spaced-out electro torch song. However, as one tune flows into another, Alison Goldfrapp’s breathy and floaty vocals, paired with Will Gregory’s cold and stand-offish sounds and ambient washes, feel noticeably in need of a decent tune to engage the listener.

Translation: Alison is the voice, Will makes all the music. Why are the "sounds" and "washes" solely Will's? This happens constantly in reviews of their work -- as Madge said -- look it up.

6. No Tigerman tonight and Anymore had to be restarted as I can only assume a mini power cut - all sound cut out followed by the lights, was sorted within 20 seconds though!

7. Studio versions of Tigerman and Systemagic have leaked.

8. kal

kal

Oh shit, it's happening.

I'm not gonna download them.

9. I'm not really feeling Tigerman yet, but Systemagic is pretty good!

LE0Night, JacobTheMiro and Hitchcock like this.
  10. Systemagic is really, really doing it for me! It's the closest to the Black Cherry/Supernature sound and melodies so far!

JacobTheMiro and R2M7 like this.
  11. Oh man. I really like both, but, HOLY SHIT SYSTEMAGIC. Instantly joins the ranks of massive bangers they simply must do live for the rest of their lives now. Huge, huge, huge song. Totally floored.

Hitchcock likes this.
  12. I just want to lay on a red-velvet chaise lounge and stare morosely but sultry out into space while listening to 'Moon In Your Mouth'.

LE0Night, Ferk, Euphoria and 3 others like this.
  13. 'Systemagic' is an orgasmic Strict Machine sequel

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Hitchcock likes this.
  14. Ummmmm wow LOVE systemagic!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Hitchcock likes this.
  15. I don't recall being blown away by tigerman when they performed it live.

etienne likes this.
  16. A bit late, but Moon In Your Mouth is so fucking slick. This album is turning out the be the Goldfrapp I have missed for so many years.

Ferk likes this.
  17. I haven't heard the full Tigerman, but I remember being underwhelmed by the snippet of it. Its a shame people are saying its not so great.

I'm trying to either wait for a full leak or for my vinyl to arrive/download to activate.

send photo likes this.
  18. I've gone from being disappointed with the new songs, to being utterly obsessed with them. Cannot wait to hear the rest of the album!

19. Glad you've come around! Ocean has very quickly become one of my favorite song of theirs along with Deer Stop, Black Cherry, Eat Yourself and Thea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.