Goldfrapp - Silver Eye | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Full gig to watch (UK only link).

Why did Ocean sound so muted during the chorus? Where is that sledgehammer impact?

The Slide In performance was so good! It's very refreshing to see them doing an older album cut that isn't You Never Know or Paper Bag.

HOOOOOOOLY SHIT, Everything Is Never Enough is that anthem. That ending is so euphoric! I hope it becomes a setlist staple on future tours, such a feel-good moment.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Hitchcock and Deer Stop like this.
  2. So far the music's great for this era, but I guess it won't be the era for kick-ass shoes. Where are your platforms and stilettos, Alison?

3. She's 50. And also it's not like she's in a basic shoe, she was wearing freaking thigh high red latex boots.

lob0to, Flotoritus and Suburbia like this.
  4. Wait she is 50???

Ferk likes this.
  5. I got tickets via the presale on the Thursday. Sorry you didn't.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  6. Good on you! I would have thought with Somerset house being a large venue it would have taken a while to sell, but obviously not. Oh well, hopefully there'll be a proper tour up north later in the year. I was already in London that weekend for the Killers and it would have been perfect for the Sunday. Never mind.

7. I know plenty of 50 year old woman (and men) who wear sky-high heels.

She was wearing boots? I thought they were trousers. The cape/caftan thing was great! I adore Alison's style, heels or not.

8. Alison is a gorgeous alien sex goddess at any age. I adore her.

9. Yes.

Island likes this.
  10. born 13 May 1966, so almost not 51... anymore

11. Meanwhile, according to Rolling Stones, MIYM is "upbeat EDM song" by "electro-clash" duo

fancygreen, Noir, Euphoria and 11 others like this.
  12. Lol.. I saw that headline! Obviously they did not listen to the song nor do they know anything about Goldfrapp!! Lol

neinzedd and JacobTheMiro like this.
  13. I really, really hope the CD arrives on or before Friday. I need this by next weekend!

Deer Stop, Remyky22 and Flotoritus like this.
  14. I NEED IT BY THIS WEEKEND!

15. Why are they like this.

Square, xondus, Remyky22 and 17 others like this.
  16. Maybe not a lot of people have heard it, but how is everyone not absolutely fawning over tigerman?

It's the slow building euphoria we've been gagging for since tiptoe.

17. There's always twickets, getmein etc... I actually got my Oxford ticket to see them last week as a resale.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  18. I'll have a look closer to the time, but I won't pay inflated prices.

19. How is it "building" if there's no payoff?

20. Granted, there's no big climax like in their older electronic material, but the way the drums harmonize with those synths is pretty euphoric. I also think that it's one that gets better with further listening - there's just a lot going on there. Although Goldfrapp could do an album of one moogy-space synth track that moves at glacial pace and i would probably be in my element.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.