Goldfrapp - The Singles | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Goldfrapp - The Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Also holy shit, why is Yellow Halo so freaking beautiful? It makes me sad when I realize they could have created an album full of these and Voicethings instead of the utter shite that is Head First.

2. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WxZI8-LIZZo

The ad for the album!
    So well done, I love it.

And the single mix of White Horse is sped up and gives more oomph to the drum machine.
    The Strict Machine one has a louder bassline, Utopia is also sped up.
    Happiness is just shorter, I think.

Also, White Horse is certainly not a dance song.

3. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Aren't they just the radio edits for each song? The Strict Machine, Ride A White Horse and Happiness edits are the same as I remember them.

4. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Yeah...ignore that last bit. Only Utopia has been re-recorded.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

The version of "Utopia" they've used is "Utopia (Genetically Enriched)", I believe.

And I've just had a listen to the version of "Ride A White Horse" on the singles collection and it's not the same as the 'Single Version' from the original CD, nor is it the album version. Is it new?

Some golden tweets from Alison lately:

6. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Nothing's been re-recorded for this release. The versions used for Utopia, Stric Machine, Ride A White Horse and Happiness are the single versions, which all differed from the album versions.

7. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Alison is Twitter gold.

8. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Nothing's been re-recorded for this release. The versions used for Utopia, Stric Machine, Ride A White Horse and Happiness are the single versions, which all differed from the album versions.
    [/quote]

Oh thank Christ for that.

9. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

I love Ride A White Horse (Single Mix)

10. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

I don't dislike it, but it's a bit weird after being so used to the album version.

11. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

The ad for The Singles disappointed me so much. It makes them look like Head First album never came out. Not a single mention of any of the songs, nor a scene from any of music videos. That's pretty lame attempt of sucking up to fans who hate Head First, just as one of interviews before when she said she hates the whole album.

12. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

I doubt it. This campaign is directed at the casual buyer anyway, not the fans, otherwise there would be a decent deluxe edition.

She didn't say that...

13. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

As I said earlier in the thread, the sticker on the front mentions Rocket, over several better selling tracks, so...

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

And both are just part of marketing which probably isn't all about which songs they do and don't approve of.

15. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

I'm loving the "explanations" of the songs on twitter.

I especially loved the one for 'Head First'.

16. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

You mean Rocket?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw that she started talking about the album track...
    The song is 50% cuter now that I know it's about a gay relationship, haha.

17. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

18. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

So you would rather the advert showcase songs joe public never bought or cared for? I wish your career in marketing selling the Big Issue all the best ...

19. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

But Rocket was more successful worldwide than Happiness, right?
    I think that each one of their music era is important to their discography and that they should include all of them in adverts. And even if the advert is directed at casual buyers, wouldn't it be more fair to show each side of their music?

20. Re: Goldfrapp - Best Of / Singles Album

Loved her tweet about Rocket not being about cock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.