Good Evening America, I'm Chloe Sevigny. | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Good Evening America, I'm Chloe Sevigny.

Discussion in 'The Internet' started by Tommie, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Invisible hats!

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I like the subtelty of the product placement in this bit.

3. I have to say, I think it's pretty awesome that someone would pay for the Chloe videos to continue.

4. SpaceDog

SpaceDog Guest

5. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I've got them all on my phone so I can watch them whenever, without the need for internet.

6. I don't know how I feel about the product placement. It seems to defeat the purpose.

7. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Yeah, it doesn't sit totally right with me. He's meant to take the piss out of pretentious crap like that. The company must know that. They might think it's a double bluff, but it might not work. Oh I don't know. It just feels awkward.

8. Argh, I thought I had discovered an exclusive! Five hours too slow.

I guess it's no different of product placement than "combining blue and green to make BL33N" which just happens to be the website the photographers worked for, right?

9. I think the product placement is genius. It's not as if they've tried to hide it. It's totally blatant and in your face. They're completely taking the piss with it.

If they'd tried to do it subliminally it would have been offensive but as it is it's hilarious.

10. I think the reason the product placement works is how completely ridiculous the actual accessories are - the fit the whole Chloe mystique perfectly. Gold and lucite spiked chain schackles? Hysterical.

11. The product placement feels part of the parcel in the videos. Like another thing Drew is mocking. The Sassy Gay Friend adverts for that lemon drink on the other hand...

12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

13. "Rubbing our belly slits together in gyroscopic ecstasy."

14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

15. Maybe he could have been more knowing with the sponsor by making it look like it had been edited by someone else: dubbing over his voice etc. The Martha Plimpton feature was how I found out about Chloe. Poor Martha, she wasn't as much fun once Chloe answered the door.

16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

The Simply Plimpton ones are vaguely amusing, but having Chloe in them just shows up how weak they are, really.

17. They should do more together - Martha would have to be the fall guy, if that's the term, but it would bring out the best in Chloe in the way that comics want to top the other (and the way they play their characters means Chloe would always win).

18. SpaceDog

SpaceDog Guest

Wow, thank you for bringing this to my attenshun. It was great. I felt so proud for Chloe - she totally stole the show. ''That was Kids, Martha. That was a movie, Martha. Kids''.

19. I desperately want a good Chloe avatar but when I googled for Chloe Sevigny GIFs I got ones of actual Chloe Sevigny. Not what I was hoping for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.