Gossip Girl | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Gossip Girl

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Robbietoxic, Mar 7, 2009.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Teddy looks 30 and probably is.

2. The characters in Gossip Girl aren't that much older than they play on the show are they?

Serena and Chuck, etc are 21/22 and Jenny is 16/17 or something.

3. Well I think the characters must be catching up with the actors. I'm watching season one and, Jenny aside, I don't believe any of the characters are the ages they're supposed to be!

4. He's 31 and playing half his age. It's totally understandable why they cast people 4 or 5 years older, but sometimes they really do stretch all believability.

5. Blake and Ed are both 22, Leighton and Penn (and Hilary) are 23, and Jessica and Chace are 24 (so is Michelle Trachtenberg, who I thought was much younger!)
    And Taylor Momsen is 16.

6. I'm a few episodes behind, but I really do love this show. It really is addictive trash at its best, Blake Lively and Leighton Meester really make the show for me. I love Serena and Blair's troubled relationship (especially at the beginning of season two with the queen power struggle, fashion week, and Yale stuff) and they really keep me invested.

Nate has to be the most boring, badly acted character on television though.

7. 8 episodes in and I couldn't give a flying fuck about Nate. He's rubbish.

Though for some reason I have ridiculous admiration for Chuck, despite him being an utter twat. Dan and Serena are my favourites though.

8. I LOVED tonight's episode in the UK- the anniversary of Bart Bass' death. It was amazing,I think it was easily the best episode of series 3 so far. I really like Dan and Nate's friendship now,too. And Leighton is an amazing actress,she really is.

I really want to watch Series 1 again but I stupidly left the DVD in my uni room when I came home for the holidays.

9. It's been the best £12 I've spent all Christmas. Just watched episodes 9 and 10, and it really is great. My sister has already spoiled the fact that Serena and Dan don't stay together, and IT'S RUINING THE MAGIC.

I like how a lot of the characters are reminiscent of characters from The O.C. - Dan is an amalgamation of Seth and Ryan, Serena is Marissa without the twattishness, Blair is Summer plus Marissa, Rufus is Sandy, Nate is Luke, etc. Except for Chuck, who is just Chuck.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see Julie Cooper move to New York and be part of the series. Would be fucking awesome.

10. MOP

MOP Guest

Serena and Dan breaking up truly did sadden me. I thought the writers and actors did an absolutely amazing job at trying to create a real romance, and the tension I'm feeling between them, the desperation for them to get back (I'm halfway through Season 2), is almost Rachel & Ross-esque. I really do hope they get back at some point. And by God if washed up rockstar dad and Serena's mother return for whatever reason I will give hell.

11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I like Serena's mom, but washed-up rockstar dad is probably the worst character on the show.

12. MOP

MOP Guest

I love Lily. But Jesus Christ, Rufus is just God-awful.

13. Poor Rufus! I like him, though he obviously suffers from being Sandy's B-side.

14. I like Rufus too!

On the other hand, Lily and Serena are both people that inexplicably annoy the hell out of me for no reason, and I can't bring myself to care about either of them, except in a "If Serena died Blair would be sad,and that's not good." second-hand sort of way.

15. MOP

MOP Guest

Who do you think will die prematurely? I think they're too scared to kill off anyone extremely important after it killed The OC, but my bet is on Nate. Let's hope it's Vanessa though.

16. The ending to this week's (US) episode was so predictable and so horrible. Just before the scene came on I really was hoping the episode would end right at that moment.

Shame they felt they had to go down the obvious route with Chuck and his mother; it'd been nice if there was at least one storyline where a character didn't have an ulterior motive for appearing to be 'nice'.

17. TM

TM

Agreed, that ending was very predictable.

Chuck was so happy this episode, I've never seen him smile that much but that's all about to change.

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So I've seen the first episode and I didn't really get into it.
    There didn't really seem to be any humour (I know it's not a comedy but a lot of these kind of shows still have fun dialogues) and none of the characters seemed even remotely likeable.. Does it get better after the pilot?

19. TM

TM

It gets much better. The first season is good the second is great and lets see how the third one pans out.
    And the writing does get much better, there are some hilarious moments in there specially between Blair & Chuck.

"Motherchucker!"

20. The ending aside, which I was willing to not happen until the last 40 seconds of the episode, I really enjoyed that episode. Best one since the Lady GaGa episode.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.