Gossip Girl | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

Gossip Girl

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Robbietoxic, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Apparently although the BBC have the rights for this in the UK they aren't showing it until later in the year.

2. MB

MB

[​IMG]

3. The subplot about the teachers being Gossip Girl genuinely feels like a different show from the rest of the show. It's camp and I'm low-key living for it though.

Josh and silkandskin like this.
  4. I don't understand the reviews saying that the music featured was underwhelming. The music director is serving bops after bops after bops.

Music Is Death and lushLuck like this.
  5. That was a really solid first episode. Just the right amount of flash, snark, and camp. Some of the characters felt underwritten but the main ensemble are really strong. Perched to see where it goes!

6. As a fan of the original and someone who grew up during the whole Gossip Girl phenomenon, I was really looking forward to this. I really like the show, it is beautifully shot just like the original and HBO is really putting money into it. I live in NYC and work in the event industry and they have been having launch parties for like 10 days straight, I kid you not, every day is a different Gossip Girl event. I feel like this new version has really solid characters and the frenemies storyline that we love seeing in the original. I love that the two leads in this are Black women and that they did a better job this time around with diversity and bringing in queer storylines (even though iconic Eric in the first GG was one of the reasons I came out dd). With that being said, I'm still getting used to watching a version Gossip Girl that has passed through the "HBO filter" and that is not overly melodramatic and soapy as most of the CW shows, if that makes sense. But at the same time, I feel like it couldn't have gone in any other way if they wanted this reboot to be a hit because gone are the CW glory days. Dynasty and Riverdale, anyone? ddd

7. I’m disappointed I won’t be able to watch this in the UK for quite some time…

spaceship and Maria like this.
  8. Ugh my king Rob Lowry!

9. And he's like...so cute? I'm sliding into those DMs, sis.

elektroxx and lushLuck like this.
  10. Feel free to join the club. I’ve been stanning for years.

11. That soundtrack for the first episode is phenomenal.

12. I sent him a DM complimenting his work and he responded lol but I don't think I'll be asking bae to play that new Tinashe song on the next episode of GG anytime soon

Andrew.L and lushLuck like this.
  13. I haven't been so interested in a teen drama since Pretty Little Liars.
    Call me a Little Gossiper xoxo

14. Oh, wow this was even better than I thought it would be. Joshua should have kept his mouth shut about everything it wasn't.

Sonny Ammbo and VitaminBee like this.
  15. I really enjoyed the first episode. It definitely feels better than all the press/show runner interviews made it out to be. My only wish would be that they dropped two episodes and not just one…

16. Yes! They could have done something like they did with Generation cause now I’m craving more GG

VitaminBee likes this.
  17. He's straight lol

Enrique Garcia and lushLuck like this.
  18. And my heart has been broken over it for years. But it never hurts to have some eye candy with taste.

19. Reallllyyy enjoyed the first episode. I am looking forward to the relationships developing between the characters, especially between Audredy, Aki and Max. I am a little worried they're gonna lean way too hard into the "promiscuous bi" stereotype for Max but it's just the first episode so we'll have to see. And I love seeing Thomas Doherty in a queer role. That man is gorgeous.
    Also,
    can't decide if it was a good or bad idea by showing their hands in the first episode with the Teacher's plot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.