Gotta Rate 'Em All! : The Pokémon Rate (Accepting New Votes!) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Gotta Rate 'Em All! : The Pokémon Rate (Accepting New Votes!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dodoriazarbon, Jul 25, 2016.

1. OH MY GOD, I'M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS, MY CHILDHOOD, COUNT ME IN!

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  2. Even though I watched it as a child, I have no love or nostalgia for the anime.

For me it's all about the games, in every aspect (lore, characters, etc).
    I only wish we had Contests in every region and that it was a legitimate quest with a beggining and end goal just like the Gyms + Elite 4 and a just as fleshed out competitive/strategic complexity.

Reboot and dodoriazarbon like this.
  3. I have a terrible memory, but I have a super strong memory of seeing the episode in which Ash meets Brock for the first time and being completely enamoured by it. I don't know if I begged my parents to buy me Pokemon Blue before or after, but I do distinctly remember playing it for the first time and thinking the graphics were a bit crap. The fact that I couldn't read a word of English at the time didn't really help either, but I pulled through.

I think I watched the anime until the end of the Johto league. By the time the Hoenn one came out I was in secondary school and it wasn't really cool to watch or even play Pokemon anymore. I wouldn't skip an episode if I happened to catch one on TV today though, if only to compare it to the episodes I love so dearly.

StratusJM likes this.
  4. Queen of pouts and big lips, when will Kylie Jenner?
    [​IMG]

rdp, Jacket, Sprockrooster and 6 others like this.
  5. Any commentary is welcome commentary, by the way, guys. There's obviously a hell of a lot of Pokemon here, even just the original 151, but anything you feel like sharing counts. I imagine some of the less liked ones will end up with no commentary otherwise!

6. Getting my comments and potential 11s prepped for the queens of beauty, rarity, and impracticality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. God, looking at Dragonair now reminds me that it was likely my original fave. I used to build my decks around the card. I thought it (and the card art) was just stunning. Eternal queen.
    [​IMG]

8. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Sorry to the ground, rock, and fighting types!

Trying to limit how many get 10's from me.

send photo likes this.
  9. RJF

RJF

Would it be too much just to give my usual Gen 1 team all 10s?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

With the following also getting 10s:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Teebs, my criteria for a 10 is basically if I've enjoyed using a Pokémon on a playthrough. All of these are iconic.

10. I had this card! My older brother claimed it should be his because Dragonite was his all time favourite, so technically I should give him the Dragonair card. I did not. We fought for legitimate WEEKS until my father caught wind of it and confiscated the card! So in the end I was the only one punished...

11. I used to want to be Starmie when I was 10. What an icon.

12. Haunter & Alakazam were my faves because I wanted to be Sabrina.

13. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

This is like the launch of TIDAL when you had all these legends up on a stage together, yasssssss

Mikl C and dodoriazarbon like this.
  14. #teamtwo but Magmar's Forehead Titaes always put me off.

Plethorya likes this.
  15. Solenciennes

Also yes at all the Dragonair love, most elegant, beautiful Gen I starlet by far

16. Teebs, I'm not fussed about most gen 1 stuff, I think the anime will have more of an effect on my scoring than anything else.

If it was gen 2 though.

17. Solenciennes

I'm writing up more commentary now, then I'll do my scores at the end.

18. I keep thinking I'm not that attached to Gen 1 because I was a Gen 2 baby, but then I remember my genuine adoration for Chansey. Verging on obsession.

Same for Clefairy. I guess I have a month to drag the ugly ones, so I might just participate.

19. Scores submitted.

In the interests of avoiding all the Drag Race "2/10 average for season one!?!" drama, I may or may not have made a graph of my scores to make sure they follow a rough bell curve.

20. I did something similar, but I divided my scores evenly. So if anyone's wondering why I gave ___ a 1, it's just so that I could spread my scores out!
    Honestly, I love pretty much every Pokémon except Gen V- and those only because I never played those games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.