Grace Jones | Page 77 | The Popjustice Forum

Grace Jones

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Aug 9, 2006.

1. V3RYP05H and beautifulmorning like this.
  2. Grace needs her own action film.

Madame X likes this.
  3. Surely she'd know how many lines she had in the film before arriving on the set to shoot the scene(s)? Sounds very iffy to me!

HorseTears likes this.
  4. They don't deserve Grace anyway.

Madame X likes this.
  5. And how much of that article is fact or fiction? coming from... The Sun

lob0to likes this.
  6. Seeing as the film is being hastily rewritten while it’s being filmed it’s probably quite plausible. However I also expect everyone to deny she was ever officially involved in the first place in a few months. This film is becoming a complete disaster area.

V3RYP05H and lob0to like this.
  7. And it will probably become the highest grossing James Bond of all time (again).

8. Does anybody here own I'll Never Write My Memoirs? Is it worth purchasing?

9. Yes, and yes. I enjoyed it very much and it's a quick read.

kermit_the_frog and sinner like this.
  10. It's great! She's very forthcoming and down to earth (in her own way), I don't know if this was the intention but it humanized her a lot for me

sinner likes this.
  11. I'm not a super fan but I enjoyed it. I don't think I'd ever read it again though. I think I prefer 'watching' Grace than 'reading' her.

sinner likes this.
  12. One of the best memoirs I've ever read!

13. It's totally fine if you're not keen on structure or chronology.

At one point Grace says that she doesn't believe in time so dates and ages go completely out the window. It's thoroughly entertaining but often incomprehensible.

14. Very much like the woman herself then! And in that respect the memoir is exactly what you'd expect.

Humanracin likes this.
  15. The obviously very high quality early 90’s Eddie Murphy film Boomerang was shown on some Swedish tv channel this weekend as a late night rerun. As I happened to have that channel on, was feeling a bit nostalgic and spotted both Grace AND Eartha Kitt of all people in the opening credits I decided to watch it out of curiosity. My my! If nothing else (and no, not much anything else lol) it was very entertaining during those two women’s scenes! Classy, no. Entertaining, yes. Trashtastic, hell yes!

All of that reminded me of this fabulous moment which had happened seven years earlier on MTV Awards 1985 and blown my very young mind. What a woman.

16. You ask this like it's not a 17/10 read

The mysteries of 'Doris' will live on.

V3RYP05H, sinner and kermit_the_frog like this.
  17. I'd forgotten about this until you made me remember!

Even though she says that Doris ISN'T Gaga, Doris absolutely IS Gaga, isn't she?

V3RYP05H and ManilaChinchilla like this.
  18. V3RYP05H and Disco Blister like this.

19. She's in the studio?

20. It’s either new music or the start of her own ASMR YouTube channel.

Leader Beans and HorseTears like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.