Grammys 2015 | The Popjustice Forum

Grammys 2015

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by scottdisick94, Dec 5, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

I'm ready.

Nominations announced tomorrow!

2. Imagine if 'BEYONCE' doesn't get a single nom. I'm here for observing the internet imploding and closing in on itself if that happens.

3. I don't see any outcome for this other than Beyoncé pulling an Adele. They might as well just give her a good chunk of the big awards now, honestly.

4. Beyonce, yes, surely.
    I'm here for Jessie Ware. English girl should get some.

Oh, no... She released later than the deadline.
    Then not interested.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  5. Beyonce's odd albums always sweep!

1. Dangerously In Love: 6 Grammys
    2. B'Day: 1 Grammy
    3. I Am Sasha Fierce: 6 Grammys
    4. 4: 1 Grammy
    5. BEYONCE: 500 Grammys

Absolute mess at her two best albums being paid dust.

Oh and Sam Smith has Best New Artist in the bag, right?

6. Tinashe for Best New Artist please.

7. Beyonce has Album of the Year in the bag. I agree Sam Smith is a good bet for New Artist.

Both Ariana and Miley should get Pop Vocal Album noms, but I bet only Ariana will. Katy will probably get nominated but not win (per usual). Tho I bet either Problem or Dark Horse wins the Sung/Rap Collab award.

8. I dunno, Best New Artist can be super random. Would anyone have guessed Esperanza Spalding over Drake, Biebs, Florence and Mumford and Sons?

9. Island

Island Staff Member

There's ready a thread for this...

I made it...

10. But her album was released in 2013?

11. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

After the eligibility period ended.

12. Yea, but after the cut off I believe. Bangerz, Prism, and Artpop are all eligible for this years Grammys.

13. Cheek To Cheek is gonna get more noms than Artpop and it's gonna be vile.

14. 'Cheek To Cheek' can not get nominated. We cannot allow that horror to get legitimised as anything other than a nightmare. I need 'Say Something' to get one major nod in the hope Xtina will perform at the Grammys.

15. But it scored two number 1 singles on the jazz charts!

16. BEYONCÉ, Beyoncé
    Lazaretto, Jack White
    In the Lonely Hour, Sam Smith
    x, Ed Sheeran
    Platinum, Miranda Lambert
    1000 Forms of Fear, Sia
    Reflektor, Arcade Fire
    Frozen
    The Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem

Some people are predicting The Black Keys or Ultraviolence or Pharrell or Beck or Coldplay or Ariana but those above seem to be the ones predictors who know what they're talking about seem to have AotY narrowed down to. Very excited for these nominations.

I think Lana could surprise us tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  17. The prestige....

18. Aside from Bey, what an absolutely sorry list.

19. Island

Island Staff Member

I don't listen to Miranda Lambert but I kind of hope she's the surprise in AOTY this year. Katy's not taking any home this year. Best New Artist should be interesting to see. There are many people who could be nominated and someone we thought was in (Iggy) could get snubbed.

20. But will anyone be wrongfully nominated for Best New Artist despite not being new, as per the usual? I think Sia could take it home this year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.