Great moments of overacting | The Popjustice Forum

Great moments of overacting

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Raisin Hell, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Self-explanatory. Either genuinely or ironically fabulous examples of this 'technique'. Post a video of the scene for our collective delight when possible.

(Fuck, my molars twinged with pain watching this.)

And getting it out of the way...

Kuhleezi, Karvel, IMHO and 7 others like this.

2. Really, just the entire fucking thing.

Every single line delivery from Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest is absolute gold. BARBARA PLEASE

3. DESIGNING WOMEN is not only a marvellously underrated sitcom, but it is full of some of the best "acting as big as their hair" moments I've ever seen...

I mean, s*ay a bit

4. House on Haunted Hill, I love the commitment to the prolonged scream, even as waxwork is visibly wheeled out of screen.

WhenTheSunGoesDown and munro like this.
  5. Great thread. Belgian soap 'Familie' should be mentioned with iconic 'Drunk Rita' trying to murder Marie-Rose.

WhenTheSunGoesDown and Terminus like this.

6. The mother in The Shining really overacts in this scene sure there's a psycho axeman coming at you but reign it in a bit love, Not only that but she spends most of the film acting very gormless. I always thought she was an odd casting.

IMHO likes this.
  7. @Andy French yes! "Helga, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad. At. The. Dirt."

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

I mean, close the thread. This won't be topped.

8. You're not my muvva!

Island likes this.
  9. It's so hilariously melodramatic and campy, I love every single second.

"When you polish the floor, you have to MOVE the TREE. If you CAN'T do something right, DON'T do it at all."

Karvel and ChiquitaPlantain like this.
  10. KAG

KAG

‘DON’T FUCK WITH ME FELLAS!’ is one of the best film lines ever.

IMHO, Baby Clyde, Island and 5 others like this.
  11. On the ironic/intentional camp end of things, there's Charles Busch's "Die Mommie Die", an amazing sendup of pretty much every latter-day Bette Davis/Joan Crawford movie ever:

12. I love the Britney thread.

13. Pierce Brosnan whimpering and snotting into Susan Sarandon's rack comes to mind:

IMHO likes this.
  14. This is my second time watching it and I have many questions/observations..

1. What exactly has happened for the main woman to not only react like that, but to keep her voice going at such volatility for so long?!

2. Does the main woman possess some sort of other worldly strength or state of being? She appears to be be able to send people flying without so much as a touch.

3. It's a soap opera, but fucking hell, how cheap does that set look?!

4. There is just so much going on, and yet the editing does nothing to support the action? It's pioneering in its shoddiness.

5. The amount of people turning up at the entrance of the room is the literal definition of "too many cooks".

6. I feel completely disorientated.

Subspace88, K94, Andy French and 5 others like this.
  15. Of course it was inevitable wasn't it?

16. *posts the entirety of Spiceworld*

17. My favourite part of my favourite ever film. This film is a CAMP BLOODY CLASSIC and is STILL not seen through the right lens. Gay as hell. And incredible for it.

HELLO JASON

18. Is this overacting or just couldn't afford a stunt person acting?

19. I feel like this probably counts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.