Grimes - 5th Album | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Grimes - 5th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lander, Aug 12, 2017.

1. her name is dark and you know her as the girl who plays with fire

Up N Down likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  3. Has she said anything about the leak?

4. So the whole damn album leaked? A meth

5. Sis

6. I don’t even know how to find leaks anymore. As much as I wanna hear it, I kinda can’t be arsed, streaming has made me lazy.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  7. Obviously the finished product might be different from the leak, but the album feels a little underwhelming coming off the magnum opus that is Art Angels. It certainly feels more like a natural successor to Visions. It has a more ambient soundscape (with the vocals melting back into the production) and leans into the darker side of her artistry. While just as experimental and atmospheric, it seems more muted. It doesn't blow my mind the way Art Angels did.

I hope this doesn't negatively impact the actual campaign.

8. I haven’t heard the leak nor i intent to (well unless she scraps the entire thing) but don’t doubt the power of a good mix/mastering...especially when it’s done by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent.

Hunterpoop and Mikal like this.
  9. maybe it's a reference to her lisp?

Dennis and Vixen like this.
  10. It is. I know it's a dumb played out joke at this point and I completely understand how someone could misconstrue that but it wasn't my intention, dd.

11. It was more of a

[​IMG]

nn don't worry.

12. I assumed it was a reference to Azealia calling her a brittleboned methhead. We love a joke with layers!

13. Tolkien said “cellar door” is the most beautiful phrase in the English language, but I tend to disagree.

14. This is my favourite post ever. Its my general mood since 2015

15. The songs in the leak are in random order but I guess we could use this tracklisting?

Island, Artangel, neonpanda and 2 others like this.
  16. That's how I have it setup on the MP3 tags.
    but this is the order in which I play it- I also swapped in the demo version of "4 AM" (ignore the play count!):[​IMG]

17. Black Swan Blues

[​IMG]

18. Yeah, this is great. Definitely more ambient/less structured than Art Angels, but still bop-worthy.

19. I’m getting too old for this shit, I just need a fucking release date

greedygordo, Kuhleezi, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  20. But really, how do you find leaks in 2019? I haven't found one since... Rebel Heart I guess. After that, if it's not on Spotify it doesn't exist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.