Grimes - 5th Album | Page 89 | The Popjustice Forum

Grimes - 5th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lander, Aug 12, 2017.

1. An "Art Angels is my friend" tea!

[​IMG]

Up N Down likes this.
  2. I LOVE “so heavy” and “violence” as much as anything on art angels. Is “we appreciate power” seriously not going to be on the album? Eu De Humanitie

3. So Heavy is quite literally a huge moment for me. Why isnt everyone freaking out?

It gives me Unfinished Sympathy feelings mixed with Halfaxa mixed with:

4. yeah - I am confused aswell. Its such a strong song... an updated Halfaxa.

sfmartin, DominoDancing and Cutlery like this.
  5. I love Halfaxa, and the elements are there for So Heavy, but for some reason it just doesn't do much for me. It's nice, but that's about it.

Sine Wave likes this.
  6. Now I feel like So Heavy is like if Cinnamon Girl continued for another 6 minutes and started morphing into a electro era Tori Amos song.

7. Wait a second I really love So Heavy. Also I'm not trying to shoehorn it in the conversation but knowing she's a massive Enya fan, I really hear a bit of her in the "word-less" vocal parts. Yay!

8. Grimes described the song as cyber-enya

9. [​IMG]

10. Goodbye.

Wishlight, Lander, Mushroom and 14 others like this.
  11. So Heavy is amazing, by far my favourite song from this era (I liked We Appreciate Power, but Violence didn't do much for me). Definitely in my Top 5 Grimes songs actually.

speedyboi and Xanax like this.
  12. Sis...

*a literal profound silence has entered the chat...*

13. There's a new version of Miss Anthropocene up on Apple Music/iTunes with an alternate cover and bonus tracks, although it's not labeled as a deluxe or anything...

HQ cover:
    Miss Anthropocene.jpg

The tracklist is the standard 10 tracks, then:

11. We Appreciate Power
    12. So Heavy... (Algorithm Mix)
    13. Violence (Club Mix)
    14. My Name is Dark (Algorithm Mix)
    15. IDORU (Algorithm Mix)

Wishlight, lob0to and DominoDancing like this.
  14. I was ready to preorder the vinyl, but no We Appreciate Power? Foolish.

Runawaywithme and Xanax like this.
  15. Finally some promo.

Leader Beans and lushLuck like this.
  16. I'm definitely team Zola Jesus on this topic.
    Most independent artists make near zero income in the streaming age so performing live really is their bread and butter.
    Take live music away and all you have left is what the major corporations want to sell you.

17. I'm still so fascinated by Grimes' transition into a big tech billionaire's girlfriend.

18. It’s so hard to be a fan of her music sometimes...

What’s the difference between the regular version and Algorithm Mixes? Are they just shorter versions?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.