Grimes - Miss Anthropocene (5th Album) | Page 113 | The Popjustice Forum

Grimes - Miss Anthropocene (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lander, Aug 12, 2017.

1. This is a great album. Parts of it are actually chilling.

2. The amount of praise the album is getting.
    [​IMG]

3. Yes, I'm garbage and listened to the unmixed leak a couple times. The final form of this record is so much darker, deeper, lush. She truly created a little universe and I'm excited to explore it more.

Wishlight, wolfgangna, Island and 2 others like this.
  4. I'm very glad I didn't listen to the leak or any of the singles after So Heavy, because this all feels very new and exciting to these ears.

sesita, papatrick, enjoy and 5 others like this.
  5. Delete Forever into Violence is whiplash but also yes.

[​IMG]

6. It weirdly makes sense but also I wouldn't have thought of it. The first track order win in years.

7. The album is perfection, she really takes her time but it's always worth it.

You'll Miss Me When I'm Not Around and Idoru let me bald.

8. You will just die when you discover Art Angels.

This album is pretty great. I mean, it's Grimes, so. Darkseid is the only one I'm not feeling. The final trio of songs are really warm and gorgeous which is a nice change of pace after the darker stuff.

9. I'm honestly shook at there being any forum.popjustice.com users who haven't heard or stanned Art Angels?

[​IMG]

10. Easily my album of the year thus far.

stuaw, ladygagaogaga, caladan and 2 others like this.
  11. Between this and The Slow Rush, I am truly fed this month.

12. SO BOPPY I BOPPED THROUGH THE BOP

13. Honestly I'm surprised she hasn't dipped more into producing for other artists after listening to the album.

Crisp X, relby and Cotton Park like this.
  14. Maybe it's a weeb in me...but IDORU is actually idol on japanese right?
    I didn't expect less from Grimes.

Cotton Park likes this.
  15. The q&a on twitter is already a mess.

She describes the still unreleased "darqsouls" (the song she teased the most over the years and intended on being a single) as "t.a.t.u but scarier". I need it.

sesita and relby like this.
  16. Grimes did it again! 5 great albums of 5, now that's an achievement few artist can claim. I really like My Name Is Dark (it should have been the first single), Delete Forever, Violence, 4AEM, So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth. She recorded a lot more music, so I hope she will release it after she leave her label 4AD. I'm convinced she has many gems of songs hidden in her vault.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Wishlight, flyingwill and QueenB like this.
  17. It's also a reference to this William Gibson novel:

[​IMG]

Gibson was one of the first (if not the first) who started the whole cyberpunk and cyberspace culture.

18. I think Art Angels is great but Visions takes the cake as her best album. Not only because of Genesis and Oblivion (2 of the best ever made in the history of humankind) but also because of the album tracks like Be a Body, Circumambient, Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U), Skin, Vowels = Space and Time, Colour of Moonlight, Nightmusic (with that extremely addictive keyboard solo), and so on. Her first 2 albums are more out there but still excellent.

Speaking of Art Angels, any Grimes newcomer MUST listen to the demo version of REALiTi. This is what I would call a perfect (pop) song:

This mere demo is better than most artists' fully produced entire discographies.

Wishlight, neonpanda, sesita and 2 others like this.
  19. To be honest it's less than 5 years. Not only Art Angels was released on 5th November 2015 (4 years 3 months 19 days ago) but she didn't start working on MA right away. I think it's more like 2-3 years.

20. You're missing out the superior Grimes ballad: Skin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.