Grimes - Miss Anthropocene (5th Album) | Page 122 | The Popjustice Forum

Grimes - Miss Anthropocene (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lander, Aug 12, 2017.

1. New Gods is giving me so much Xtina - Hurt vibes, weirdly?
    @BEST FICTION what do you think.

BEST FICTION and ladygagaogaga like this.
  2. Hope it’s okay for me to ask in this thread but as you all know I’m new to Grimes... trying to find out what the world Halafaxa means? I’ve tried to Google it but all that comes up is stuff relating to the album.

3. It has no actual meaning.
    It could be inspired by the city halifax since she played there during the time she recorded the album.
    (some people on reddit also speculated it being a pun on half axe)

I guess the names aim is more to create a mood than to actually mean something. It sounds very nu-medieval, mysterious and - atleast in my opinion - really captures the spirit of the album.

Jones322 likes this.
  4. Thank you!

Stopremix likes this.
  5. Delete Forever is all I’m fixated on so far. She really did that, huh?

Jonathan27, sesita, Crisp X and 5 others like this.
  6. I listened to Delete Forever and You’ll Miss Me When I’m Not Around alternatively for pretty much a week. Now I’m doing it with 4AEM and IDORU.

7. Delete Forever should be called Grow Forever because I initially was a bit underwhelmed and now it's easily one of the most beautiful songs she's ever done and probably the most beautiful song of the year so far.

8. WAIT New Gods is so good why did I pay it no attention my first time through?

Fanatical, sfmartin and Up N Down like this.
  9. ^That's another one that grew on me a lot.

4AEM takes a bit too long to get going IMO, but when it does, boy does it slap.

insmileoutblood likes this.
  10. No because it was instant for most of us.

11. Yeah New Gods was overshadowed at first but it’s giving me the feels now.

Fanatical and sfmartin like this.
  12. I'm really glad the pre-release material grew on me and I like the album so much overall. Art Angels (and Visions to a lesser degree) is so special to me that it would have sucked to dislike a whole Grimes era.

13. ~ * ~ * I wear bLaCk eYeLiNeR,
    bLaCk aTTiRe, yah... * ~ * ~

sfmartin, Xanax and Fanatical like this.

14. Tori Amos Flavor vibes:

Verandi likes this.
  15. As much as I like the dark and light mix of this album, I could totally fuck with a whole album in the vein of IDORU. It kind of reminds me of a more developed Ambrosia. It has that summery-with-underlying-darkness vibe but sounds more realized and finished.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Cutlery likes this.
  16. Question: is We Appreciate Power part of the album proper or is it a bonus track? I really like the idea of We Appreciate Power as the closer.

17. It’s on the Japan edition as a bonus, so it’s technically the closer there. Still not sure why it was left off all other editions.

aux and Raichu like this.
  18. I mean.. it's on the Deluxe edition on Spotify so it's as good as an album track to me.

19. This is why I was wondering if it was actually on the album or not. In any case, I will be using it as the closer. The delicate beauty of IDORU followed by the brashness of We Appreciate Power really works for me.

sfmartin likes this.
  20. When she listed all the tracks from the album and what Goddess/Demon they represented she included it.

johnny_tsunami and Raichu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.