Grimes - Miss Anthropocene | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

Grimes - Miss Anthropocene

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lander, Aug 12, 2017.

1. I feel like it sounds like what I wish evertime I've clicked on new music from either Nine Inch Nails and/or Depeche Mode for the past, like, decade,

caladan, Wishlight, OlliMaus and 3 others like this.
  2. Lyrics are a bit on the nose, but I love this thematic and musical direction. As the world falls apart, we need more apocalyptic robopoprock.

3. A visual & a song!

Artangels was among the best albums of 2015.
    Do you think she will bless us with a new record before this year ends?

4. Shampoo found shaking.
    A video!

5. I think we all knew she was going this direction and I’m so here for it. As others have mentioned, it feels like the more accessible / queer-friendly pop sides of Marilyn Manson or NIN.

6. I like that she's keeping the unpretentious vibe from Art Angels.

7. Her absolute nerve to blame the shitty Spanish translations on the computer overlords.

8. .....so turns out it is a grower. I fucking love it 12 hours later!

Euphoria likes this.
  9. This and Alterlife will be my two songs when I start stripping.

10. I didn't lie.

What a TRIP.

Vasilios likes this.
  11. Somebody make a 3 minutes remix because this goes on for way too long. It's cute though.

Bogdan and VitaminBee like this.
  12. I now have the Oompa Loompa song in my head.

13. Of COURSE she uses "capitulate" in the chorus. Faith Hill & "centrifugal" found educated.

14. Elon Musk probably leads an underground cult somewhere in Silicon Valley that worships him as a god, and this is the song they play to induct new members.

A bop but also unsettling.

15. Heidi Montag's discography.

Wishlight, Vixen, Square and 8 others like this.
  16. Oh god, this part “we pledge allegiance to the world’s most powerful computer” sounds like an ABBA song. And i freaking love it.

17. I love how it has weird snatches of absolute harmony and lots of quite brilliantly produced dread sounds.

The “we appreciate power” part actually seems way too safe for what else is going on.

18. He

He

I actually like this a lot? I mean my inner geek is loving the aesthetics and Eva suits.

Scream at the Spanish translations. Not the best AI, I guess.

Vixen likes this.
  19. This is such an ear worm

20. tesla workers right now:

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, Wishlight, Vixen and 28 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.