Guardians of the Galaxy | The Popjustice Forum

Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 13, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

A Marvel superhero film coming in August 2014. Featuring living legend Karen Gillan as Nebula:

[​IMG]
    (God shaved her head to prepare for the role)

Karen Gillan is most known for her iconic role in Doctor Who as the now legendary Amy Pond. She made a name for herself in legendary episodes such as The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex. Guardians of the Galaxy will also feature other actors.

Are you ready?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. She should have been Moondragon.

3. Did anybody see the clip that was shown at D23? This looks AMAZING!

4. Have you go a link for the video? I can't find it anywhere (me being thick could be a slight issue).

5. Je-je-je-je-jessy J.

6. duckface

duckface Guest

Chris Pratt.
    Zoe Saldana.
    John C. Reilly.
    Glenn Close.
    Vin Diesel.
    Benicio Del Toro.
    Lee Pace.
    Djimon Hounsou.
    Karen Gillan.

In space with a talking raccoon.

Not exactly terrible.

7. this will almost certainly be amazing

8. New trailer!

[video=youtube;3CqymRQ1uUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CqymRQ1uUU[/video]

Looks amazing! Slay me in space!!

Still haven't seen much of Karen though, I hope she has some decent screentime.

9. Is that Ego the Living Planet in the new trailer...? If it is.. Aiiiiieeeee!

10. Karen Gillan seems to be doing well for herself this, Oculus & a commissioned season of a new show on ABC.

Shows how popular her era of Dr Who was in the States. Billie Piper must be fuming.

11. Not entirely sold on Chris Pratt after watching the trailer big bang posted, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

12. Karen Gillan is absolutely awful. This looks good but minimal screentime for her please. Love Zoe Saldana maximum screentime for her.

13. I know, when he was cast I was totally on board (Andy Dwyer = everything) but these trailers don't seem to be showing him off much. I'm hoping/assuming they're trying to keep it vaguely generic and accessible so people won't be put off by anything. I'm sure he'll be awesome in the film itself.

14. The trailer looks amazing, I can't wait. Not too long left to wait now!

15. Seen this earlier and it's brilliant.

Chris Pratt is the star of the movie.

Really well executed story with great comedy lines and energy.

The only flaw for me was that the villain was a little underdeveloped.

16. I must admit, I was expecting more comedy moments. When it was funny, it was very funny, I just assumed it would be more consistent. It was also off-putting at the way things were often explained in a really obvious way. I get that it's an unknown entity, but it was just a tad jarring.

But other than that, Rocket is perfect and I want to marry Chris Pratt.

17. I still haven't seen this and I am beyond impatient to see it! I've been ridiculously hyped for this for so long now and all my friends have flat out refused to see it with me but I don't want to be that person who has to go see it alone, haha. Glad to see there's been so many positive reviews though, especially for Chris Pratt, who is just perfect and amazing and has been for ages.

18. Saw this, it was enjoyable throughout. The comedy moments were where the movie was at its best, Chris Pratt did well too.

19. Yeah this was really great. It felt like a B Movie throughout (as I'm sure was the intention), but that didn't negate from it's brilliance.

And yes Chris Pratt truly is a God among us.

20. It was great. Maybe a little too long and trying too hard to please. But funny, original, eye-popping and well-cast. the best block buster of the year. I will see it again this weekend.

But what happened to Nebula in the end? The make-up on her was amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.