Guardians of the Galaxy | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 13, 2013.

1. I don't think I liked it as much as most people? Like a solid 3/5, enjoyable romp kind of way but not blown away or anything. Being really familiar with the comics, I thought it would be incredibly difficult for most people to follow, was this not the case?

Loved the after credits scene.

2. I'd stretch to 4/5 but I wasn't blown away by it either, not like Captain America 2 and The Avengers. Weirdly, I'm not familiar with the comics (but I'd read up on it) and I found it too easy to follow. Quite a bit of awkward exposition.

3. After the movie ended I went "Wow she was a hottie" and was asked "Oh Gamora?" and I responded "No Nebula"

I have a feeling she (Nebula) will be making a re-appearance later since I think she took off when she pulled the pilot out of the fighter jet and flew away.

Oh and the "Dance Off" scene goes into my personal cinematic Hall of Fame...just stellar.

4. I loved it but it really doesn't feel like a superhero movie which I suppose is partly the intention... I just find it strange to think that in the end the whole Thanos thing is so obviously going to come to a big event involving all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The thought of the Avengers interacting with the Guardians feels strange but inevitable.

And I'd say Karen Gillan has done pretty well for herself as it seems she'll be playing a key role as the Thanos story develops.

5. I just watched this and loved it. I am desperately trying to find a Baby Groot toy. Chris Pratt was wonderful, Rocket was a little underwhelming for me but I'm looking forward to future films!

6. I thought it was really great. It felt very Firefly/Serenity in places, with a big dash of Farscape, but it was a really refreshing addition to the Marvel canon.

Chris Pratt's transformation from Andy Dwyer to absolute god is incredible.

7. 3Xs

3Xs

I saw this yesterday with a date so I was a little, er, distracted, but I thought it was okay as a generic-brand action flick. It boomed and made lots of noise when it needed to, and thankfully the pacing was sprightly; almost always action on screen to keep you engrossed, which for this sort of film worked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.