Gwen Stefani - Let Me Reintroduce Myself | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Gwen Stefani - Let Me Reintroduce Myself

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Dec 5, 2020.

1. I actually heard this on the radio in the car recently and it’s very radio friendly. It’ll be the challenge of building hype for her brand and to get the younger demographic onboard.

Her duet with Blake went #1 on Country Radio, though, but I can’t imagine them supporting this song.

bazayer likes this.
  2. This is very “all black people look the same” nn the irony

3. I loved L.A.M.B. and was all set to commit to The Sweet Escape. But it turned out to be such an experience...

I still can’t find the courage to revisit it in full, choosing only to embrace its brilliant moments.

4. In an ideal world we would have had a Gwen solo album every 5 years and a No Doubt album every 2.

kaushik and johnoclock like this.
  5. I was thinking about this last night and it's interesting how out of all the big pop icons who write their own material, she's the only one who has such a temperamental muse. She's talked at length about her struggles with writer's block, but then once the inspiration hits, she can't be stopped. I think that has a lot to do with her releases not being on a more regular schedule.

Overdose, neinzedd, sesita and 4 others like this.
  6. I think it’s this, as well as her being so busy with clothing lines, tv, touring, etc. and being a mom. Suddenly there’s no time for anything else.

JGoulden, neinzedd, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  7. Personally I LOVE The Sweet Escape, bops after bops just like LAMB so I really don’t get the hate.
    Yummy is a masterpiece, hypnotic!

wodny likes this.
  8. Yummy and it's chaotic ending nearly made my Dad crash his car once when I played the album on the stereo. despite that I adore it.

9. I hope that she brings back Nellee Hooper as producer.

FINISH LINE, kaushik, LPT and 4 others like this.
  10. I’m choosing to believe that whole account is trolling.

mindtrappa likes this.
  11. Her look for The Voice performance was a gag.

[​IMG]

12. Asia O'Hara really slayed the makeover challenge!

[​IMG]

13. Re-listening to Yummy and there's shades of SOPHIE/PC music here. Ahead of her time.

FINISH LINE, Dynamo, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  14. In this video she basically confirms there was zero concept for the last record.

15. Gwen's personality and being reflective, authentic and honest made me feel the album did in fact have a concept. It didn't feel conceptless to me or faceless, despite songs like "Asking 4 It" sounding completely different from "Truth" there was something invisible hovering above the album that glued it all together - Gwen herself.

So the likely concept for the upcoming project is her reintroducing herself?
    Her MDNA is coming

Maki, sesita and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  16. HMD

HMD

I think The Sweet Escape is pretty solid and the ballads on it are amongst her best songs.

Maki and AndrewX like this.
  17. This song is stuck in my head.

Maki likes this.
  18. I think most of us knew this, she was just writing to get her feelings out

Maki, sesita and Andy French like this.
  19. Is this...supposed to be proving something or

Mr Blonde likes this.
  20. I think the conceptlessness (What kind of abomination of a word did I just create?) that is alluded to in the video only applies to the cover/art direction? Although I thought it worked perfectly fine, with its handwriting/doodle style and the fact that it's a super personal record. Musically it's clearly a break-up-and-fall-in-love-again album, and to me the only songs that don't really fit in are, as you already mentioned, Asking 4 It and perhaps War Paint.

Maki and Andy French like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.