Gwen Stefani - "Slow Clap (feat. Saweetie)" + 5th album | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Gwen Stefani - "Slow Clap (feat. Saweetie)" + 5th album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Yep, the Zane Lowe interview, also the credits for the song

neonknives and Maki like this.
  2. Global Citizen performance

LPT, GimmeWork, Mr.Arroz and 10 others like this.
  3. Her voice is aging amazingly, isn't it?

Jamie, Nigel, Subspace88 and 9 others like this.
  4. It helps that this is the style it’s best suited to when it comes to live performances as well

Also we love a good Gwen houndstooth moment

[​IMG]

FINISH LINE, LPT, Mr Blonde and 10 others like this.
  5. This had been known ever since the credits were revealed. Also, the song features Gabrial McNair, the trombone player from No Doubt.
    It's quite lovely that she brought them back.

tea, SunshineConcubine and lushLuck like this.
  6. This outfit is a SHOOT

bazayer, mindtrappa and inevitable like this.
  7. I love Gwen’s maturing voice. I really think it’s getting richer

Nigel and Maki like this.
  8. Came here to say her voice might sound better than it ever has live, right? I saw The Sweet Escape Tour and I remember being shocked how good she sounded live but her voice sounds even fuller now.

Jamie and Maki like this.
  9. Gwen is such an underrated vocalist, especially for someone who hasn't had any training. I often forget how strong most of her live performances are.

Loved those performance of "Let Me Reintroduce Myself", too.

Jamie and bazayer like this.
  10. Is this getting a music video ?

Maki likes this.
  11. Doubtful. She's been working on The Voice and taping performances. Pretty sure the lyric video is it.

bazayer and Maki like this.
  12. According to that @ultrasubversive insider it's coming on January 1st and it's 3:40 long.

bazayer, Little L, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  13. Oh, interesting! Well that's exciting. I try not to get my hopes up with her because she's so sporadic nn

Maki likes this.
  14. Is this scene constantly on loop in anyone else's mind? Just me? Okay.

[​IMG]

FINISH LINE, tea, Overdose and 27 others like this.
  15. The entire video has lived rent free in my head since 2003. An eternal serve

tea, sesita, 2014 and 17 others like this.
  16. I remember "It's My Life" verging dangerously close to overplayed territory that year, but maybe that's just because VH1 played the video as often as possible every morning before I left for class. Also it apparently hung around the TRL countdown for months.

Ugh, I love No Doubt and Gwen so much.
    [​IMG]

tea, 2014, Mikal and 18 others like this.
  17. It was the precursor to her solo career and the 80s homage of L.A.M.B. as far as I'm concerned. It really was huge on UK radio in 2003 but according to Wiki it flopped here? I choose not to see it.

18. I remember it getting played a ridiculous amount over here too. Whatever channel you turned on seemed to be showing it.

But with a video/song that iconic, who minds?

FINISH LINE, Overdose, Mikal and 10 others like this.
  19. Yeah, the video was on constantly in summer 2003 along with Madonna's Hollywood. The summer that made me gay.

tea, Overdose, achilles and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.