Gwen Stefani - "Slow Clap (feat. Saweetie)" + 5th album | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Gwen Stefani - "Slow Clap (feat. Saweetie)" + 5th album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Cut to me running down the hallway of my house as if I was Gwen who just killed her man in the bathtub

2. Didn’t TRL have a 100 day limit? I vividly remember when videos would be “retired” from voting on if they were on the count down for too long??

lushLuck likes this.
  3. I also distinctly recall seeing the It's My Life video constantly on VH1.

Jacques, drewsky, mmcg10 and 15 others like this.
  4. I think you're right. If so, "It's My Life" certainly felt like it achieved it!

xtophermorrison likes this.
  5. I had bootleg Arabic cable that had a random French music channel that also played It's My Life at least twice a day.

6. I was going to keep my latest Kyle Mooney avatar for a while but y'all got me stanning again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The legend jumped out!

tea, joe_alouder, LPT and 14 others like this.
  7. It’s My Life was everywhere! I remember it being even bigger than Hella Good (not as big as Hey Baby). And that music video was bloody amazing

8. Also, this incredible remix of the song by Stuart Price winning a Grammy? We truly do love to see it!

FINISH LINE, tea, Jacques and 19 others like this.
  9. I remember being so happy about the It’s My Life cover and then it turned out so good. Amazing video as well.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Leopold and lushLuck like this.
  10. The way I was coming in to post this. Great minds.

tea, Leopold, achilles and 2 others like this.
  11. Chicago the movie came out several months before It's My Life and I remember the video premiering with a little nod to it, dripping in the same astetic and getting so excited in the glamour of it all. That year I was the "bob fossest" of gays and was not apologizing for it. Whew! Good times.

Lapras, Mikal, Suburbia and 2 others like this.
  12. Quite possibly my favourite remix ever. I listen to this pretty regularly, I love it!

luluthecat, Andy French and lushLuck like this.
  13. Unrelated, but isn't it weird that Gwen never made another song with Akon, considering how successful The Sweet Escape was and how much she seems to love it? Do we know anything about that?

Maki likes this.
  14. RedOne said Akon only collaborated with Gwen because he was trying to launch his record label as well as Gaga as an artist because Jimmy Iovine was initially hesitant due to Gaga being so similar to Gwen early on.

15. A new song already??? I am perched.

16. I think this is for the video. Someone mentioned it was coming on the 1st.

17. Yeah, there were rumors about the music video being released on January 1st, so it must be coming then.

Looking forward to that!

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The more I listen to this the more basic it sounds?? Perched for a vid though!

19. Not me thinking it could be the album only to come in here and see it’s the video...

I love the song and just want more!

lushLuck and Maki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.