Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

It's better than Blackout and Loose, if we're going by 'big pop girls' albums of the 00's.

2. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

That it certainly is.

3. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

Luxurious is the most amazing thing ever.

4. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

The Real Thing. I just want to be sailing across the ocean when I listen to that song.

5. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

The middle-8 on the Slow Jam Mix is one of my favorite pop moments ever.

6. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

'Love Angel Music Baby' is a jaw droppingly flawless pop album which makes the piss poor efforts put into its follow up such a sickening kick in the gut.

7. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

She made it clear from the onset that The Sweet Escape would be leftovers + some new songs. At least she was honest, and to be fair the new songs were all pretty much amazing.

8. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

I think The Sweet Escape is pretty good. But it should've remained an EP as originally planned, and without "Orange County Girl".

9. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

'4 in the Morning' is glorious and 'The Sweet Escape' is dripping in charm, other than that they are all weak as fuck . She may have been honest, but just because someone is honest that the food they are serving you are microwaved leftovers doesn't mean you can't say that it tastes like shit.

10. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

It's been said a dozen times (by me), but the only completely worthless track on her follow-up is 'Breakin' Up'.

11. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

Early Winter is the best single from The Sweet Escape, her last single aswell.

12. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

Breakin' Up was one of those songs I sat listening to and thinking who actually let it through and thought it was worthy of any sort of release. Probably Courtney Love getting her sweet revenge for Hollaback Girl.

13. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

It's just... not a good song. Every other track on the album ranges from decent to excellent.

14. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

I personally enjoy them all. Especially the slower tracks. I wish she included Sparkle and Candyland in the place of OC Girl and Breaking Up.

Wonderful Life is the best song on The Sweet Escape.

15. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

Didn't 'Sparkle' become the No Doubt track on their last album?

16. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

I'm just listening to '4 in the Morning' over and over. Its charm really does just wash over you.

'What You Waiting For' will always be the greatest thing solo Gwen has ever done. What a fucking monster of a track.

17. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

This is correct. U Started It and 4 In The Morning are tied for a very, very close second.

18. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

It was reworked for it, but I think it was originally similar to Early Winter sonically.

19. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

I still pretend Orange County Girl sounds like the version she played during the Harajuku Lovers Tour. She is undoubtedly our Queen in Orange County, but that song is...no.

20. Re: Gwen Stefani - ''Baby Don't Lie'' (1st single) 3rd Studio Album

I hate The Sweet Escape, it just fails in comparison to the debut album which I adore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.