Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like | Page 480 | The Popjustice Forum

Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Sis is supporting Duran Duran in Hyde Park this summer for any Londonunties wanting to see her. 12th July.

thequinntessential and JMRGBY like this.
  2. I hope she does some shows while she’s here.

3. This'll be an exclusive I imagine since it's a festival-y show.

4. I'm so conflicted about this. I really want to go, but concerts in Hyde Park are the worst.

5. Plus she'll probably be on at 6 during daylight.

6. She's also doing a festival in Mexico in May.

7. Dallas Austin spoke about originally writing “Cool” for Christina Aguilera’s Stripped, and also said that TLC recorded a version for their 3D album before he finally ended up finishing it with Gwen, who inspired him to make the track in the first place. Wild.

Starts at about 7:35

LPT, Andy French, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  8. Hmmm I can see T-Boz making Cool work!

9. I’m interested in hearing the demo. He says the TLC version didn’t work out and they wrote “Damaged” instead nn

nbtsa, Andy French and Vasilios like this.
  10. Damaged is exactly the song my mind went to.
    Damn listening to 3D and it remains a serve.

Runawaywithme, nbtsa, Rafa_el and 7 others like this.
  11. Cool is honestly one of the best songs of the 21st Century so far.

Island, Overdose, sesita and 24 others like this.
  12. It's literally perfect isn't it? Gwen has the perfect voice to tap into that specific melancholy. And being paired with such a classic video makes it the gold standard of pop music basically.

Island, Overdose, sesita and 8 others like this.
  13. I remember hearing about it being for Xtina for years but I'm glad he finally confirmed it for real so people know I'm not lying!

Island, LPT, Andy French and 5 others like this.
  14. I just can’t see Christina’s voice working on it.

sesita and lushLuck like this.

15. Same. Christina would eat up Luxurious though.

16. Alexa play Glamorous by Fergie.

Rob likes this.
  17. Dallas Austin was a creep to Christina and I'm glad she ditched all his songs.

18. The way Cool is overlooked really is one of the greatest pop crimes from the last 20 years. It’s one of my favourite songs ever, and I just got a little teary watching the Lake Como set video with all the glorious sunshine when I’m in rainy England in the middle of lockdown.

Mr Blonde, Mikal, Overdose and 6 others like this.
  19. Gwen and Blake's song hits #18 on the Billboard 100 this week, her first Top 20 since The Sweet Escape!!

Mikal, Overdose, 4Roses and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.